Shop Spare

ups1990

What a pain, when your truck is red tagged and you get a shop spare. Normally these trucks have no power steering, handle horrible and are very dirty. The steering wheel has dirt and grime baked on.

This week, I've gotten one that honks, whenever making a right turn. Very agrravating and funny at the same time. People think the're being honked at. The automotive center looks like a truck lot. Probably due to UPS, cutting back on parts. Who knows when I'll get my P1000 with P/S, back.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
At least this one is clean!

1640.jpg

some1else

Banned
you dont have the "ford" thousand 115xxx with a 5speed manual diesel? they are phasing them out it seems; and few drivers in our building ended up loosing them and going to an old GM 1000 4speed w/0 ps.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We usually have a few of those wonderful old P-800s just sitting around waiting for their next victim.....:knockedout:

UPSNewbie

What a pain, when your truck is red tagged and you get a shop spare. Normally these trucks have no power steering, handle horrible and are very dirty. The steering wheel has dirt and grime baked on.

This week, I've gotten one that honks, whenever making a right turn. Very agrravating and funny at the same time. People think the're being honked at. The automotive center looks like a truck lot. Probably due to UPS, cutting back on parts. Who knows when I'll get my P1000 with P/S, back.

I'm pretty sure I'd end up laughing my ass off every time by the end of the day.

some1else

Banned
i had the horn thing on a p800 once whenever i turned on the turn signal. when people google eyed me i just gave em the finger lol

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

There are package cars that have power steering?:dissapointed:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This week, I've gotten one that honks, whenever making a right turn. Very agrravating and funny at the same time. People think the're being honked at.

Ha, I've driven one like that before. I took off one morning in a P5 to run EAMs. I'm sitting at an intersection on a six-lane trying to make a left hand turn at a light. The horn has a mind of its on and gets stuck wide open. The deputy sheriff in front of me wonders what the hell my problem is. As soon as we get a green light, he hits his blues and pulls me over. We both got a good laugh out of it. I popped the hood up and yanked the wire off the horn before I drove away.:biting:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Ha, I've driven one like that before. I took off one morning in a P5 to run EAMs. I'm sitting at an intersection on a six-lane trying to make a left hand turn at a light. The horn has a mind of its on and gets stuck wide open. The deputy sheriff in front of me wonders what the hell my problem is. As soon as we get a green light, he hits his blues and pulls me over. We both got a good laugh out of it. I popped the hood up and yanked the wire off the horn before I drove away.:biting:
Ha Ha, that was funny, Scratch. You should send that in to readers digest, All In A Days Work.:happy2:

wornoutupser

you dont have the "ford" thousand 115xxx with a 5speed manual diesel? they are phasing them out it seems; and few drivers in our building ended up loosing them and going to an old GM 1000 4speed w/0 ps.

Hey wait!
We just GOT a Ford 5 speed manual shift here! We were told that it is a great car!

SmithBarney

Just wait till the horn stays on for extended periods...
I actually had to disconnect mine when I was driving the old
1000 High step gasser... I had no idea why they put this truck on the turniest/tightest
route in town.
I went in for a delivery and came out and the horn was blaring...
should have seen the mechanics face when I told him I disconnected it.

But hey it wasn't nearly as bad as the time the steering column lifted out in my hands while
driving and I couldn't steer till I pushed it back down and lined up the splines...
yes that was fun.

Last edited:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
You should try and get your tractor in to have the head gasket replaced. 3 times I have tried, and 3 times, nothing for me to drive. Just add water and keep going...... I hope it blows up in the middle of god forsaken Ga, so I can get a decent night's sleep.....

over9five

Staff member
I hope it blows up in the middle of god forsaken Ga, so I can get a decent night's sleep.....

Funny, this morning on the way to the airport, I was hoping the plane would be late so I could sleep!

Who cares about all those package drivers having to have meet points and late air! HAHAHAHAhahahahhaha!!!!!