Shop Steward question

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPSguy72, you're one of the worst posters on the board. congrats

WHy becaue I don't agree with you.

I think it is because you disagree with him and offer logical arguments with examples/observations to back your assertions.
You also deviate from the Union Solidarity point of view - you will be assimilated, resistance is futile.

IMO upsguy72, you don't even come close to being one of the worst posters or even in the bottom half ... IMO my friend, you are above average.
As is sleeve. :peaceful:

Nimnim

The Nim
Speaking on union solidarity or whatnot, I do believe upsguy72 has more forum seniority than Sleeve.

Anyways, concerning belt speed, I was always under the impression they have set speeds for the level of volume traveling across it, and it's not to be adjusted unless there's a safety issue. I recall an issue in my location a couple years ago where sorters complained about the unload having the belt speeds too high and someone decided to talk to plant engineering about it. There came a report saying what level the belts should be on based on the flow and amount of unloaders. Of course this isn't followed, but it shows someone somewhere has a plan for these things.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think it is because you disagree with him and offer logical arguments with examples/observations to back your assertions.
You also deviate from the Union Solidarity point of view - you will be assimilated, resistance is futile.

IMO upsguy72, you don't even come close to being one of the worst posters or even in the bottom half ... IMO my friend, you are above average.
As is sleeve. :peaceful:

He often gives wrong information that others constantly correct.

This thread is a perfect example. I had the authority to slow and quicken the belt speed on our preload. Yet he says if anyone does that , they're game to be fired. He also said "you have to leave your work area to do that". Both are completely incorrect, at best wild guesses, that shouldn't see the light of day. The belt controls were immediately in front of me. Another useless post of his.

His grammar is terrible and often lacks punctuation, or misuses them. His posts are very difficult to read. Perfect example: "WHy becaue I don't agree with you." You need a question mark there, pal.

UPSGUY72

I feel the best thing to do is slow it down yourself instead of asking mgmt to do it. I have been there and done that and won't get into details, however if done a click at a time instead of a wholesale speed change, it can be very effective. :wink2:

If you had the Authority to control the belt speed why would you be sneaky about instead of just turning it down to a reasonable speed to start ????

Actually, no. I was trained TO use the belt controls in past years, so maybe your absolutes don't qualify into everyone elses operations?

He often gives wrong information that others constantly correct.

This thread is a perfect example. I had the authority to slow and quicken the belt speed on our preload. Yet he says if anyone does that , they're game to be fired. He also said "you have to leave your work area to do that". Both are completely incorrect, at best wild guesses, that shouldn't see the light of day. The belt controls were immediately in front of me. Another useless post of his.

This thread is another example what not to do. Just do your job. The person who started this thread isn't trained or authorized to slow the belt down. If he goes and slows the belt down on his own he is setting himself up for trouble to termination for using equipment that he is not training to use.

His grammar is terrible and often lacks punctuation, or misuses them. His posts are very difficult to read. Perfect example: "WHy becaue I don't agree with you." You need a question mark there, pal.

I get my point across I never said I was perfect and I not an english teacher. With that said maybe you should go back and read some of your own post.

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.