Shopping Recommendations.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Now that we know how we feel about shopping, (union/non-union), let's hear what places people like to shop at and why. Where's the best place that you feel you get a bargain, or pay the right value for whatever you happen to be shopping for, internet included? I'll throw one out there, to start.

Supermarket choices here are Walmart, Publix, Winn Dixie and Albertson's. These are the "major" markets around here. I prefer to shop at Publix. I feel it's got a homey atmosphere and the employee's are friendly. It's a bit more pricey than Walmart, but you don't have to wait like cattle in the checkout lanes. Publix is comparable, in price, to the 2 other stores I mentioned.

I Almost forgot to mention something. You should also tell us which stores/businesses you don't like or refuse to shop at, and why.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
For groceries I shop Albertson's now (hate Ralph's) Before we moved here I liked Pavilions the best.

My closest discount store is Walmart and I'm there a lot. I like Target, but don't feel like driving 15 mins. on the freeway when Walmart is 2 miles away.

I like Home Goods for cheaper decorator items that look expensive.....TJMaxx too. I don't care for Pier One - prices too high.

I like 99 Cent Store for gift wrapping bags & greeting cards. Also one of the few places to find a Chunky Candy Bar.

I don't do the mall anymore.....too expensive. Sometimes I do their food court, but you won't see me shopping at Saks.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We do most of our grocery shopping at Food City (Bashas). Safeway is to expensive and Fry's (Kroger) is farther away.

Ace and Home Depot and Walmart are the only other stores that are available.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
let's hear what places people like to shop at and why. Where's the best place that you feel you get a bargain, or pay the right value for whatever you happen to be shopping for, internet included?

Groceries - WalMart, Publix and Kroger (hit all three and get the best prices from each)
Electronics - Buy.com
Books, Media - Amazon.com, BMG.com
Song downloads - MSN/ZUNE.net, Rip from local library
General - SAM's Club, WalMart
Gas - SAM's Club and Kroger
Photos - Snapfish.com
Motorcycle stuff - ebay.com
Anything - ebay.com - check it first if I don't need something immediately.

jennie

Shop Rite is the place for food in Jersey, and always find clothes at Target, or sale rack at the gap, never pay full price there.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Groceries- Wegmans, Costco, and Whole [-]Foods[/-] Paycheck
Home improvement- Lowes
Computer/Home Theater- Newegg, Monoprice
Everything else- The Big River(Amazon)

Solidarity413

I'm a big computer builder so I love that everyone said Newegg :)

Throwing some stuff out there that others haven't yet and that have union made stuff nosweat and justice are both great places for clothing. Although NoSweat might be a little to young for some of you guys here ;). Either way check them out www.nosweatshop.com. Workers co-ops are always great too www.theworkingworld.org

Solidarity413

Right on! There's not much I'd rather do than mess around with computer parts :happy2:. My next project will be building an HTPC using Antec's Skeleton Case, which should look pretty sweet on my AV rack. Or so I hope...

I've been trying to use this case soo much!! I love it! You'll have to let me know how it goes. I'm trying to see how far I can push my rig now, just built it on a budget so we'll see. I need to SLI my 9600's :)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've been trying to use this case soo much!! I love it! You'll have to let me know how it goes. I'm trying to see how far I can push my rig now, just built it on a budget so we'll see. I need to SLI my 9600's :)
Heh, it might be a while, since I don't really need it so I have to come up with a good excuse to blow the money on it anyway :happy-very:. I predict I'll have it before the year is out though. My current rig is built around a [email protected], it does fine right now as a gaming rig/internet surfer/low end HTPC. Single 8800GTS, no SLI :biting:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Heh, it might be a while, since I don't really need it so I have to come up with a good excuse to blow the money on it anyway :happy-very:. I predict I'll have it before the year is out though. My current rig is built around a [email protected], it does fine right now as a gaming rig/internet surfer/low end HTPC. Single 8800GTS, no SLI :biting:
You have me officially perplexed. I'm walking away from the computer to rest my eyes.:happy2:

UPSNewbie

Sorry, ending thread hijack now...

[resume thread jack]

I'm planning on upgrading my current system based around an AMD Phenom II X4 2.62GHz from newegg

[/resume thread jack]

Albertson's has disappeared from Oklahoma, and I'm OK with it. Expensive as hell compared to Wal-Mart and the mom-and-pop grocery store. Now one of them is owned by Food Pyramid. Equally, if not more expensive.

Solidarity413

[resume thread jack]

I'm planning on upgrading my current system based around an AMD Phenom II X4 2.62GHz from newegg

[/resume thread jack]

Albertson's has disappeared from Oklahoma, and I'm OK with it. Expensive as hell compared to Wal-Mart and the mom-and-pop grocery store. Now one of them is owned by Food Pyramid. Equally, if not more expensive.

Thats a good CPU but why not get the X3 and unlock the fourth core?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I just got one of these, and I don't know how to operate the darned thing.

(HIJACK IS OVER)

Run,Swim,Bike Gear- triatheletsports.com
Bike gear- performancebike.com
Bike Maintenance- The Bike Shop Stuart, FL
2600.jpg