short message for all those in Duke Univ area

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
morning all

right handed

thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

ds the pain was kinda tough at first, but right now dont have any at all
they are staying on top of it very well, have a block that goes into my neck and it knocks the pain down pretty well

as far as much else, will wait till my wife gets back, so it wont take me a half a day to write

d

over9five

Staff member
Yikes! Best of luck, Danny. I know you'll get through it ok.

(Next time I run into a giraffe, I'll kick it in the shins for you!)

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Dannyboy Hope you are feeling better today,things always seem bleek at first but it seems you're in good spirits!! As for typing with one hand,it can be done,thats the only way I know how and the kids laugh at me !!!Feel free to one hand type me anytime...... Good luck COVE

helenofcalifornia

So is this "giraffe" a grinder? Glad the pain is under control. Remember to take the drugs before you need them. Takes an hour for a pill to take effect and 1/2 hour for liquid to act. Maybe you and your wife can talk to us all that are concerned about you in the chat room on Sunday at 5 p.m. PST??? Totally understandable if you are not up to it. Early chat time because I know those pain killers will put you out. Take care Danny!

browndevil

morning all

right handed

thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

ds the pain was kinda tough at first, but right now dont have any at all
they are staying on top of it very well, have a block that goes into my neck and it knocks the pain down pretty well

as far as much else, will wait till my wife gets back, so it wont take me a half a day to write

d
Best of luck to you and for a speedy recovery. Mrs. Dannyboy thanks for filling in while he is on the DL (disabled list) Godspeed:happy2:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
was grinding the floor on the giraffe cage and it caught on something

Is the giraffe cage a name for something other than a caged animal??

They technology now-a-days are amazing. Medically you are in the top University Hospital, better than the hospitals we have around here..

Speedy Recovery !

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
All, Daniel is doing well, fingers are still looking good. As for the chat tomorrow, I have to be back home to go to work on Monday therefore Daniel will be by himself. Since they have now incapacitated his left hand with all of these tubes, more than before, I don't see that he will be able to get to the chat room tomorrow. We, however, appreciate all of your well wishes and prayers!
Daniel's wife

tieguy

Banned
What the heck are you doing grinding a giraffe cage? You don't think I'm covering your route do you? Not to mention explaining to the boss what it was you were doing in that cage.

Rest easy danny. You need that hand . half a fish pond just won't work.:happy-very:

Last edited:

satellitedriver

Danny,
I pray you will heal well.
No matter the outcome, isn't it great to feel the compassion of strangers wishing you well?
There is great power in prayer and I hope that you get all the benefits from the ones we are saying for you.
Again, heal well,
Steve

filthpig

All, Daniel is doing well, fingers are still looking good. As for the chat tomorrow, I have to be back home to go to work on Monday therefore Daniel will be by himself. Since they have now incapacitated his left hand with all of these tubes, more than before, I don't see that he will be able to get to the chat room tomorrow. We, however, appreciate all of your well wishes and prayers!
Daniel's wife
You're one helluva woman. My prayers are with ya'll.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Danny, Wow! I am so sorry to hear about your accident. It sounds like you are doing well, considering. I haven't been on much this last week and was shocked when I got to your thread (getting ready for vacation). You are in my prayers. Hope you have a speedy recovery. D

trickpony1

Danny-
Sometimes bad things happen to good people and I think you know what I mean.
It is how the affected person rises above the situation is the true portrait of that persons strength, values and beliefs.
I wish you well and the best.
I have been told, "....what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".
Fight the good fight.
My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.
Trickpony1

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
OW, Danny. I dislocated the radial head in my left elbow on July 1st. 18 days later, I'm due to have the surgery staples removed on day 25 and start physical therapy. Its a long process for my injury (6-8 week recovery). I pray yours is short and as painless as possible. Having a spouse there to help and support undoubtedly makes it a little easier. Best wishes, friend. -Rocky

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
goodluck to you also rockey !

Thanks, Covemaster. I'm blessed that my new career is mostly sitting OR can be done mostly one-handed while I recover. I started my job a week late but with a little luck, I'll be almost totally caught up by the end of this week.

And this is off-topic but I wanted to ask it. Does anybody have a manager OR management team that lets you do your work without breathing down your neck?? I'm telling you all.....this has almost brought tears to my eyes. My boss stops by once a day to say a sociable hello, see how my arm is, ask if I need help and see how I'm progressing with getting my department set up. Beyond that, she leaves me alone. When I need something, I ask for it, don't get guff for it and have an answer by day's end, sometimes with a UPS tracking number if it requires shipping. What a difference from past employers..... -Rocky