short message for all those in Duke Univ area

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Hmmm.....Who does he mean???

I'm really sorry if I wasm't clear, Over9. The stress must be getting to me :knockedout:. I mean the culture here is much different than my past employers, as is the willingness to be patient with an injured employee. Remember.....I hadn't started this job when I got hurt. The floor wasn't yanked out from beneath me when I informed my manager. I can't think of too many of these companies. -Rocky

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
rocky

sometimes when you are hurt at ups, they do not overly supervise like the rest of the time, but they will. a new management position called alternative work manager. and they will be looking for production! i wish for you a speedy recovery! my time line is going to be a year or so with the damage. at least 4 more surgeries as well

hey tie, i will write myself up after the accident investigation next mon am. will be going there to finish the project.

Trick, THANKS! coming from you, it means a lot. with what you have been through, you know giving up is easy, but not an option. lead on!

again thaks for all your prayers. am back home, and have had nothing for pain in almost 24 hours...havent needed it. part of my problem with responding while at duke is my slow typing...the net wouldkick me off before i could finish typing, i would have to re register, but it would all be lost. after the 4th try........

d

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
Danny, I'm a little behind on Brown Cafe and just read about your accident. It's sounds like your doing better now, and I'm sure glad to hear that. I'll be thinking of you and tossing up some prayers for your complete recovery. I wish you well.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
been a while.

first i wanna thank all of you that pmed, emailed, and called. your prayers and thoughts.......well they have made all the difference in the world.

thing happened on the 15th, we were back on site and finished the project the 27th-31st. glad it is over, but it seems they were impressed, so we got several other projects for later on this year.

if i may take a sec, when it happened, it was so quick, maybe 1/20th of a second. some pain, but a real feeling of total helplessness. something that is totally foreign to my personality.

after being in the er for several hours, and having at least 4 surgeons look at the mess and state there was too much damage and they could do nothing, i had pretty much made peace with the fact i was down to a two finger right hand. called my wife as the took me to the or and prepped her for what was going to happen.

after theyhad me on the table, a doc who had just finished with another surgery came up and asked if i smoked, or had ever smoked. after telling him no, he told me that he would try, that to even try to save the thumb, he would have to save the fingers first.

and as you can see by the photos of 13 and 23 days, he did a bang up job.

not in any pain except when the therapist pulls off the skin etc. and bend the fingers a bit more than normal.

i have pins in all three to allow the ends of the bones to grow to the other end.

sorry for the long post, but much easier to answer all the questions here than respond to 1 at a time.

btw tie, really enjoyed your call. thanks!

d
12 days I.jpg
23 days after I.jpg

Ms Spoken

Hey D.
Looks like your healing really well and sorry it has took me this long to post but, I dont visit BC everyday.
Take Care