Short term disability increase

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Can someone enlighten me on short term disability? Where am I getting the figure of up to a max of $700 in 2017. I swear somewhere I read that the rates of coverage were increasing or is this for long term disability?

Currently the rate of coverage is:
60% of average weekly base pay up to $500 per week for a maximum of 26 weeks; and includes continued coverage while on short term.

scooby0048

$275/week here.
So let me get this straight, you only got $275 a week before taxes? That's just heinous! That's not even minimum wage. Dave said he only received $300. Are the rates different in each local? I got my figure straight from the Teamcare site.

I'm still curious about the increase because I am almost positive that the amount goes up to $700 in 2017. Can someone correct me on this if I am wrong.

Cementups

Box Monkey
So let me get this straight, you only got $275 a week before taxes? That's just heinous! That's not even minimum wage. Dave said he only received $300. Are the rates different in each local? I got my figure straight from the Teamcare site.

I'm still curious about the increase because I am almost positive that the amount goes up to $700 in 2017. Can someone correct me on this if I am wrong.

You just came off of STD too didn't you?

I was on STD twice in the last year. I got the $275/week for STD and then I also filed for unemployment and was paid $530/week (after taxes) for UC.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy

I thought I was the only one on the planet who still said heinous

scooby0048

Heinous. Lol. Teamcare dis here is 500 per wk, taxable, you can choose to not have taxes withheld tho.
Heinous just seems appropriate for the paltry amount you get from STD. Although I guess something is better than nothing.

You are in Central too right? I was unaware of not having it taxed. The $500 is what we are allotted. 60% of average weekly base pay up to $500 per week for a maximum of 26 weeks.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Can someone enlighten me on short term disability? Where am I getting the figure of up to a max of $700 in 2017. I swear somewhere I read that the rates of coverage were increasing or is this for long term disability?

Currently the rate of coverage is:
60% of average weekly base pay up to $500 per week for a maximum of 26 weeks; and includes continued coverage while on short term.

For some "strange" reason, they don't include November/December when calculating the average base pay.

You must also be under the "continuous care" of a doctor or TeamCare will cut off your medical coverage. "Continuous care" is intentionally ambiguous, but is roughly one doctor's visit per month. I had a member that had a neurological problem (doc only needed to see him every 6-8 weeks or so) that basically had to hit up an Urgent Care for a unneeded visit 1x/month in order to maintain coverage.