Short term disability

upser1978

How does teamcare calculate what amount you will receive when out on a short term disability claim? Do they go back on what I made the previous year?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Regardless of who administers it, yes, they will go back to determine your average weekly wage/salary and you would then get a percentage of that. There may be a waiting period---ours is 7 days---before you start receiving benefits. You cannot be receiving compensation from your employer or from workmen's comp; however, you can receive vacation pay and STD at the same time. This is what I am currently doing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Regardless of who administers it, yes, they will go back to determine your average weekly wage/salary and you would then get a percentage of that. There may be a waiting period---ours is 7 days---before you start receiving benefits. You cannot be receiving compensation from your employer or from workmen's comp; however, you can receive vacation pay and STD at the same time. This is what I am currently doing.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Double posting and double dipping.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm on std right now, I get a whopping $277 a week. Better than nothing, but come on, REALLY?

I was denied for my disability through the Teamsters and would love to have that $277/week. That's $1108/month. I could pay my mortgage with that. I still get unemployment though which is $513/week after taxes. Still makes things a little tight here when you're used to taking home over $1k/week.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Regardless of who administers it, yes, they will go back to determine your average weekly wage/salary and you would then get a percentage of that.

Typically.... it's 60% of what you earned in the previous quarter, with a cap.

Triple dipping---vacation, STD and Combined.

Be careful with that.

Someone, might want money back.

Generally speaking.... any additional compensation can violate the terms of your plan.

Reason being, it's not meant to be a windfall.

-Bug-

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Typically.... it's 60% of what you earned in the previous quarter, with a cap.

Be careful with that.

Someone, might want money back.

Generally speaking.... any additional compensation can violate the terms of your plan.

Reason being, it's not meant to be a windfall.

-Bug-

I did my homework. You cannot receive any compensation other than vacation from your employer. If you do the amount that you receive will be deducted from your STD. Supplemental health insurance is not part of the equation.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I did my homework. You cannot receive any compensation other than vacation from your employer. If you do the amount that you receive will be deducted from your STD. Supplemental health insurance is not part of the equation.

And some people say.... self-educated Teamsters, don't exist.

-Bug-