Short term disability

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I was just on comp for a couple of months and was getting $1045 a week with no tax liability. I bring home about $1200 after taxes usually while working.
I was on comp all last year taking home about $900 a week tax free. On top of that I received 10% permanent partial disability and was paid out $25,000 this year also tax free. Came out ahead financially in the long run. On the downside I had little contributions to social security or 401(k), however was able to up the spouse's contributions and put some away into Roth IRA's.

Re-Raise

I am in Illinois. The Liberty Mutual lady asked what I made last year. I told her a little over 90k. So they started paying me $1398 a week tax free which is the max in Illinois. After a couple of weeks they dropped it to $1045 and took money out to make up for the weeks I got $1398. They count your overtime hours when they figure your pay from last year but they count them at straight time instead of time and a half.

I was on comp all last year taking home about $900 a week tax free. On top of that I received 10% permanent partial disability and was paid out $25,000 this year also tax free. Came out ahead financially in the long run. On the downside I had little contributions to social security or 401(k), however was able to up the spouse's contributions and put some away into Roth IRA's.
How many years do you have in?