Shorts and long sleeves.....

Over heard a driver and sup talking the other day.

65 degrees out.
AM temp was 40 degrees.

Driver had on the "rain type" driver UPS jacket.
Sup said that the upper powers were discussing that we are not allowed to wear long sleeves ANYTHING if we are wearing shorts.
Driver said, "what if it is raining out?"

Sup said.......wait for it........"that was also discussed and the "powers that be" said if the driver is wearing shorts, then no long sleeves of any kind."

I :censored2: you not.

But yet we do not have enough hand trucks.
Airs are sometimes found in my load.
Do to splits, Businesses that SHIP a lot are now getting their deliveries in the PM when they wanted it earlier like they got in the past so they could turn around that product.
Still have 800's in the fleet going out with 200 plus stops.
no better then 50% sucsess rate in getting the proper call tag to the propper trip do to splits.
Driver A crossing threw driver B's area to do a split, while driver B crossing threw driver A's area to do a split.

I am becoming jaded.
Try not to care about any of these things. Just brush this stuff right off your shoulder youve got to many years left. As the years go by you will find youself lumped into two groups. Don't care which doesn't mean you don't care about safety or customers just the big and little stuff doesn't bother you. This will be good altogether for your health. Or you could be in the group that cares. Meaning you worry about all these things that you have no control over. You know these guys they are there early in the morning complaining about everything. They don't seem healthy and are spending great amounts of energy on things that jus don't matter in the grand scream of things.

curiousbrain

Try not to care about any of these things. Just brush this stuff right off your shoulder youve got to many years left. As the years go by you will find youself lumped into two groups. Don't care which doesn't mean you don't care about safety or customers just the big and little stuff doesn't bother you. This will be good altogether for your health. Or you could be in the group that cares. Meaning you worry about all these things that you have no control over. You know these guys they are there early in the morning complaining about everything. They don't seem healthy and are spending great amounts of energy on things that jus don't matter in the grand scream of things.

The grand scream of things; best typo ever.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
UPS cares about image? I'd like to refer you to a package car in my line that still has finger writing in the dirt that says "merry x-mas" on the side.

OptimusPrime

Is there a big a tall division of the UPS driver uniform supplier? I can't wear the long sleeve shirts. 6'4" with a big wing span. Just standing casually the cuffs rest at mid forearm. And any reaching I look ridiculous. Same goes for my "winter" jacket they gave me. I have to wear my rain gear with a North Face insert underneath it. And the sleeve length is still kind of lame. And being tall makes my shorts orders weird. Seems I have to add 6"-8" inches to the waist so they are long enough to cover my knees. Not looking for the baggy "thug" look, just realize most customers want to see the minimum of my pastey white Irish legs.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Is there a big a tall division of the UPS driver uniform supplier? I can't wear the long sleeve shirts. 6'4" with a big wing span. Just standing casually the cuffs rest at mid forearm. And any reaching I look ridiculous. Same goes for my "winter" jacket they gave me. I have to wear my rain gear with a North Face insert underneath it. And the sleeve length is still kind of lame. And being tall makes my shorts orders weird. Seems I have to add 6"-8" inches to the waist so they are long enough to cover my knees. Not looking for the baggy "thug" look, just realize most customers want to see the minimum of my pastey white Irish legs.
You are a big ol' hunk of yumminess, aren't ya? :hello,soldier: hehehehehehehehe

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Im only 6'2" 220 but order 2XL long sleeve shirts for this reason here. I look stupid it swallows me but my shirt cuffs don't sit mid forearm all day.

OptimusPrime

While we are talking uniforms, is there anything against covering one's face during the winter? During Xmas peak seasonal I would wear something similar to this.

Amazon.com: Black Neoprene Winter Snowboard Ski Half Face Mask Soft Cotton Fleece Neck Ear Warmer Protection Vented Fitted Velcro Adjustable Close Biker Motorcycle Facemask: Everything Else

Didn't wear it around the hub. Thought management might think it looked a tad daunting. But damn if it didn't keep me snug. Though I would get some wide eyes pounding on apartment doors early in the morning.