Should I apply in person?

KAshMoney

I have been monitoring this forum since UPS posted a job as part-time package handler in my area. I hate to post and bug all of you, but I cannot find the answer anywhere else. It has been 3 days since I applied, and I check the upsjobs site a couple time a day to see if appointments open up; none have. I know that you cannot help with specific locations, but would HR be more inclined to offer me a position if I wait or go in person to seek employment? I am hoping to start as part-time for a year (or as long as needed) then work up to driver. Hope I am not wasting your time, but could not find this anywhere.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have been monitoring this forum since UPS posted a job as part-time package handler in my area. I hate to post and bug all of you, but I cannot find the answer anywhere else. It has been 3 days since I applied, and I check the upsjobs site a couple time a day to see if appointments open up; none have. I know that you cannot help with specific locations, but would HR be more inclined to offer me a position if I wait or go in person to seek employment? I am hoping to start as part-time for a year (or as long as needed) then work up to driver. Hope I am not wasting your time, but could not find this anywhere.
Apply online...wait to be contacted.

upschuck

If you went in, in person, they would sit you in front of a computer to fill out your application. Did you complete the parts that you needed to complete? They may be in the midst of hiring helpers now, and don't have the time to do tours.

KAshMoney

Application status says Pending and Complete says Yes. I just found it odd that the following day I saw it on monster. I will wait, I would prefer to start after peak anyway. If I do not hear back I will reapply in January.

upschuck

Application status says Pending and Complete says Yes. I just found it odd that the following day I saw it on monster. I will wait, I would prefer to start after peak anyway. If I do not hear back I will reapply in January.
Was it for the same job?

upschuck

Yes, that is why I was concerned. They have driver helper and package handler on UPS site (applied on the 10th) and then they posted to monster (posted 11th) although, I am only concerned with the package handler position.
I wouldn't worry about it, if application says complete, I'm sure tours/interviews will open up soon.

KAshMoney

Free full time benefits.
I did not realize, that is even better. Is that why it is "award winning?" I would love to start ASAP do to the seniority structuring, but I am in the queue for as long as it takes. After reading other posts, it seems like that position has a high enough turnover rate, that at some point it will be available.

upschuck

If that is what it takes. My wife is pregnant and I am looking for a second job, and this is the only one I have found with the equivalent of full-time benefits.
You don't get those for a year, but then your whole family is covered.

Good luck and congratulations.

oldngray

nowhere special
the frog has it covered
photos-that-capture-stories-039.jpg