Should I call HR?

I had my interview a week ago today and was told it would take a week for the background check, and the turn around (if I get the job) would be I get a call on Monday then start Wednesday. I'd really like to be able to call someone, but I don't know who? I mean, if I get rejected then I want to know why so I don't do whatever it is in the future or I can expect whatever it is to be an issue in the future.

I applied for the package handler job in Stillwater, OK and we don't have an HR rep in town, they brought one up from OKC so I'm not sure where to start. Any pointers? She said I seemed like a great fit for the job. So, kinda getting my hopes up.

ibleedbrown

hey upstate,

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've got him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
[TOTAL THREADJACK]
hey upstate,

Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've got him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

I had forgotten that was a John Sebastian song:

JOHN SEBASTIAN - WELCOME BACK 1976 (Audio Enhanced) - YouTube

[/TOTAL THREADJACK]

Back on topic, probably none of us can be of any assistance to you. We are almost all present and former grunts, not HR.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I had my interview a week ago today and was told it would take a week for the background check, and the turn around (if I get the job) would be I get a call on Monday then start Wednesday. I'd really like to be able to call someone, but I don't know who? I mean, if I get rejected then I want to know why so I don't do whatever it is in the future or I can expect whatever it is to be an issue in the future. I applied for the package handler job in Stillwater, OK and we don't have an HR rep in town, they brought one up from OKC so I'm not sure where to start. Any pointers? She said I seemed like a great fit for the job. So, kinda getting my hopes up.

Only way is to contact HR. I always ask for their business card.
Good luck,

Signed,
​Epsteins Mother!

Only way is to contact HR. I always ask for their business card.
Good luck,

Signed,
​Epsteins Mother!

Yeah, I made the mistake of not getting a card or being able to remember her name. If I can find a number for HR, I might try going to get transferred to "The HR rep from OKC who is hiring for Stillwater".

Indecisi0n

2i748s5.jpg