Should I file a lost package claim?

New Englander

Well....in all honesty.

I personally spent all of last night in my moms nursing home room waiting for her time to come. She has Ataxia and is at the end. Has not happened yet but she has been advanced to regular morphine injections.

As to my post's I stand behind them 100%. I'm tired of reading them from people who can't think for themselves. Or those that want to say there not here to take snipes but then do.

With the mood I'm currently in my New Years resolution was to offer this side to every new post about that stuff.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

NE, let me be the first to apologize first for my comments but most importantly I am sorry for what you are going through. Your focus is most certainly with her at this time.

New Englander

NE, let me be the first to apologize first for my comments but most importantly I am sorry for what you are going through. Your focus is most certainly with her at this time.

Not a problem. Long story short.....

Early December I was pulled off road in my bid area because she had attempted to take her life.

That was shortly after we had decided she could no longer care for herself in her room (my converted garage). The day of the move to the nursing home it happened while I was at work.

As I pulled into the center last night my sister called while I was in the parking lot with the latest news that she would not make the night. So in Browns I drove the hour to the home and waited patiently even after the other family all left for the night.

She made the night and her vital signs actually improved. So now it's day to day.

She did ask if she was dying last night and that she wanted to. We told her it was time and it was okay.

So yeah.....while I may have been harsh. People need to understand we don't "live" for their package. This is just a job and we all have much more important things going on this time of year then to worry about a trailer load of packages STILL sitting full somewhere.

Well....in all honesty.

I personally spent all of last night in my moms nursing home room waiting for her time to come. She has Ataxia and is at the end. Has not happened yet but she has been advanced to regular morphine injections.

As to my post's I stand behind them 100%. I'm tired of reading them from people who can't think for themselves. Or those that want to say there not here to take snipes but then do.

With the mood I'm currently in my New Years resolution was to offer this side to every new post about that stuff.

I am sorry for your situation NE, I truly am and do understand. I went through much the same with my Mom on Halloween night. I do know it is a very tough situation to be in. I pray that God gives you the strength you need to get through this and that HE holds your Mom in the palm of HIS hands.
I have never heard of Ataxia and do not know anything about it yet, but I will find out what I can....for my own knowledge base.

New Englander

I am sorry for your situation NE, I truly am and do understand. I went through much the same with my Mom on Halloween night. I do know it is a very tough situation to be in. I pray that God gives you the strength you need to get through this and that HE holds your Mom in the palm of HIS hands.
I have never heard of Ataxia and do not know anything about it yet, but I will find out what I can....for my own knowledge base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxia

It's a disorder where you lose control of all your muscle functions. Speech, balance, motor skills, bathroom necessities etc......She can no longer communicate coherently with us and we are forced to guess and try for clarification as to what she said.

Her's has progressed to swallowing so any fluid taken in is going straight into her lungs unless it's thickened. Something she refuses to drink. Eating has become soup as anything else she is unable to get down.

Don't worry about harping on me. I made the post and do stand behind it and any flack I take for it from everyone here.

The saddest part is that my 6 and 3 year old have no real idea what is happening and only know that Mimi is sick.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
NE, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this.

Erich seemed like he was at least trying to be decent about his requests/comments.

Take a deep breathe guys. It's New Years Day. Enjoy the day for tomorrow we will be back to the same ole grind.
4_12_13.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxia

It's a disorder where you lose control of all your muscle functions. Speech, balance, motor skills, bathroom necessities etc......She can no longer communicate coherently with us and we are forced to guess and try for clarification as to what she said.

Her's has progressed to swallowing so any fluid taken in is going straight into her lungs unless it's thickened. Something she refuses to drink. Eating has become soup as anything else she is unable to get down.

Don't worry about harping on me. I made the post and do stand behind it and any flack I take for it from everyone here.

The saddest part is that my 6 and 3 year old have no real idea what is happening and only know that Mimi is sick.

I was looking it up as you posted this. Your explanation is much clearer. This sounds quite a bit like what my Mom was going through except for the swallowing part. My Mon had dementia/Alzheimers and communication and recognition was very difficult.

Just love your babies and they can get through this with your strength and leadership. Not saying any of it is easy, because I know it isn't, but hang tuff as long as you can.
We can get to this other insignificant crap later, or not.

EricH

Just to follow up for those who are interested, I checked the tracking number today and there's movement on my package! HOORAY!!! :happy-very:

It now has a "Destination Scan" as of yesterday morning and has an estimated delivery date of tomorrow! Needless to say, I'm very excited to have my package delivered to my parents. It's the outcome I definitely preferred.

UPSNewbie, BigBrownSanta, UpstateNYUPSer, SteveTheUPSGuy, Trplnkl, Highwayman, thanks for encouraging me to wait. It's folks like you who keep the company going by remembering that UPS strives to have great customer experiences.

New Englander, I hope all goes well with your mother and your family is comforted no matter what happens. Stay strong.

With that said, I will no longer bother you guys anymore. It's very clear that customers who have trouble and ask for help aren't terribly welcome by everyone here (not everyone, though - again, I appreciate those who gave me the info I needed). I know that if I treated customers the way that I've been treated by some of you here, even off the clock, I'd be pounding concrete looking for a new job.

Even though you guys are off work and chatting amongst yourselves, keep in mind that what's written here is broadcast on the internet, readily searchable by Google, Yahoo, or Live Search. You're still representing your company as this is a specifically UPS forum, though apparently not affiliated with the company itself.

Think about it this way...you're off work, but still in your brown uniform and go out into a public park to chat and blow off steam with some coworkers. While you're there, someone walks up to you and says "hey, I need a little advice about UPS. Can you help me?"

If you take the 5 minutes to listen to the person and tell them what path they should go down, that creates a positive customer experience and a customer will remember that and choose to bring business there. Again, several of you did just that for which I thank you.

If you take those same 5 minutes and say "Piss off, I don't like your attitude." you've created a negative customer experience and the customer will remember that and choose to bring business elsewhere. Also, studies have shown that an upset customer will tell significantly more people that they're upset with a company than a satisfied customer will tell people about their great experiences.

Anyway, enough with the soapbox. I'm outta here...I won't let the door hit me on the way out.

outta hours

Just to follow up for those who are interested, I checked the tracking number today and there's movement on my package! HOORAY!!! :happy-very:

It now has a "Destination Scan" as of yesterday morning and has an estimated delivery date of tomorrow! Needless to say, I'm very excited to have my package delivered to my parents. It's the outcome I definitely preferred.

UPSNewbie, BigBrownSanta, UpstateNYUPSer, SteveTheUPSGuy, Trplnkl, Highwayman, thanks for encouraging me to wait. It's folks like you who keep the company going by remembering that UPS strives to have great customer experiences.

New Englander, I hope all goes well with your mother and your family is comforted no matter what happens. Stay strong.

With that said, I will no longer bother you guys anymore. It's very clear that customers who have trouble and ask for help aren't terribly welcome by everyone here (not everyone, though - again, I appreciate those who gave me the info I needed). I know that if I treated customers the way that I've been treated by some of you here, even off the clock, I'd be pounding concrete looking for a new job.

Even though you guys are off work and chatting amongst yourselves, keep in mind that what's written here is broadcast on the internet, readily searchable by Google, Yahoo, or Live Search. You're still representing your company as this is a specifically UPS forum, though apparently not affiliated with the company itself.

Think about it this way...you're off work, but still in your brown uniform and go out into a public park to chat and blow off steam with some coworkers. While you're there, someone walks up to you and says "hey, I need a little advice about UPS. Can you help me?"

If you take the 5 minutes to listen to the person and tell them what path they should go down, that creates a positive customer experience and a customer will remember that and choose to bring business there. Again, several of you did just that for which I thank you.

If you take those same 5 minutes and say "Piss off, I don't like your attitude." you've created a negative customer experience and the customer will remember that and choose to bring business elsewhere. Also, studies have shown that an upset customer will tell significantly more people that they're upset with a company than a satisfied customer will tell people about their great experiences.

Anyway, enough with the soapbox. I'm outta here...I won't let the door hit me on the way out.

You gotta be kidding me. Good riddance troll.