Should I File Agrievements?

NY11725

Sorry, Ment to say that she would have no problem filling your spot for that week.

Yeah dude, it's a joke. I'm a Pick-Off, and there are 3 other people on my belt who know the sort to where they could cover, there is at least 2 to 3 other people throughout the building that know my belt who could Pick-Off while I'm gone, and my PT sup is always loading a trailer so I see no reason why he couldn't even Pick-Off for the week.

I'm so excited to go to work tomorrow so I can file this. :devil3:

PT Car Washer

Yeah dude, it's a joke. I'm a Pick-Off, and there are 3 other people on my belt who know the sort to where they could cover, there is at least 2 to 3 other people throughout the building that know my belt who could Pick-Off while I'm gone, and my PT sup is always loading a trailer so I see no reason why he couldn't even Pick-Off for the week.
Before you file you may want to give her a chance to reconsider her position. Always better to win a battle without firing a shot.
I'm so excited to go to work tomorrow so I can file this. :devil3:

ymelord

pick one of your weeks, so that it bumps the person right below you in senority, it will make the most work for your sup, almost like starting over.

PT Car Washer

You may want to wait on filing and give her a chance to think about it and reconsider her position. Always better to win a battle without firing a shot

NY11725

You may want to wait on filing and give her a chance to think about it and reconsider her position. Always better to win a battle without firing a shot

She blew me off, and walked away from me while I was still talking. I take that as in her firing her shot already, and wants me to fire mine.

rod

Retired 22 years
Give her hell. File ASAP. Remember- when she comes back to you to acting all nicey nice to turn around and walk away and maybe even scratch the back of your head with your middle finger as you are walking away.

NY11725

There you go. Took me 30 years to learn that.

I just don't understand why she would risk getting bitchèd at and taking a chance of redoing all of the vacations over my week. Especially when she knows I got screwed and did not receive my paperwork. I give her no issues day after day, I do my job, I talk to her with complete respect and kindness, and she totally tried stabbing me in the back. I am sure there are other people with less seniority than me with that week especially since I chose so late, she either just doesn't care, or is too lazy to go check, and make the correction.

PT Car Washer

I just don't understand why she would risk getting bitchèd at and taking a chance of redoing all of the vacations over my week. Especially when she knows I got screwed and did not receive my paperwork. I give her no issues day after day, I do my job, I talk to her with complete respect and kindness, and she totally tried stabbing me in the back. I am sure there are other people with less seniority than me with that week especially since I chose so late, she either just doesn't care, or is too lazy to go check, and make the correction.
So has she reconsidered her position? Is it just the one week? Sounds like it may be a power trip issue.

Buck Fifty

She blew me off, and walked away from me while I was still talking. I take that as in her firing her shot already, and wants me to fire mine.

Do you really want to screw over your buddy just because you can?

I have no clue who has those weeks, and no one would be screwed over if I had the proper chance to get the week I wanted. I'm the one getting screwed over. Just sayin'

O Kay. Do not get mad. Make a few call calls. Your BA has a lot bigger guns and he will make a few calls and all is good.

She screwed up. She will make it right. Do not make your sef out to be a wildman.

Give her hell. File ASAP. Remember- when she comes back to you to acting all nicey nice to turn around and walk away and maybe even scratch the back of your head with your middle finger as you are walking away.

Did not get mad at all, nor am I now.

Far from a wildman, but I won't allow myself to be walked on either.

There you go. Took me 30 years to learn that.

Sounds like she aint gettin any!!

Seems as if she's getting plenty of action. I dont know but this might be a job you need to do yourself PT .:winks:just saying

menotyou

bella amicizia
Since everyone is being so willy-nilly in their answers, let me add this:

Hell, YES!!!!!

​see how I used red for Go Red Day. I'm tricky like that.

NY11725

So has she reconsidered her position? Is it just the one week? Sounds like it may be a power trip issue.

Spoke to the SS last night, explained everything to him. He told me to go back to her, and talk to her again to see if she has thought about it, and if she acts the same way to let him know and we would file the grievence tomorrow ( today ).

I respect him, so I went back to the office, but she was in meetings. I went back to the office on break, and she was in her office with like 3 people doing some kind of safety test, so I just walked away and went back to the SS and told him I can't get a hold of her, and I really don't want this to wait, so he said sure no problem, he told me he would get the paperwork together for me today, and I am going to go in about 30 minutes early to fill everything out.

I mean I guess I should of really kept trying to allow her another chance to correct it, but with the attitude she gave me on Wednesday, I really don't care. How can you know I got something late, and I did not have a fair chance at choosing my vacation weeks, how can you tell me " I " have to pick a new week. It's not my fault you, or one of the sups failed to give me the paper. Why should I be penalized when I didn't do anything wrong. The SS totally agreed with me 100%, I had other supervisors agree with me, so I am just going to go ahead and file the grievence. Like I said, I don't give her trouble, so I don't understand she's giving me trouble.

It's one week out of the two I get. One week I ALWAYS choose august because I go up to NY every year to visit my brother at the cemetery for his birthday, so I put a star next to that week and explained to her I need that week no matter what. She gave me that week no problem, but the other week she claims too many have. When I asked her if anyone below me has it, she told me it does not matter, you turned it in late. I told her it should go by Seniority, and again, she told me it does, but I turned mine in late even though she was well aware of me not getting mine on time, she is even the one who printed it out for me about 5 or 6 weeks ago.

She said, well you put a star next to this week, so I gave you that week. So I said, what does visiting my deceased brother have to do with my seniority with this other week? She just continued to tell me I need to pick a different week, and started to walk away from me while I was still talking about it. I feel she deserves what's coming. I also agree with the power trip part because when she first came in like during the summer, she told all the PT supes to tell who ever called in for a OD that they needed to call her first to see if she needs you or not. I kind of laughed, is she kidding? I just usually text my PT supe before 5pm and say using a OD today, I'll see you tomorrow. I mean, it is MY "OPTION " Day. I use to think she was cool, but now not so much. The old FT manager, and even the one before that guy would NEVER pull this kind of stuff.

Last edited: