Should I give 2 weeks notice? If so, how should I go about it?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Resignation must be done in writing and in the presence of a Steward unless you don't show up for three days in a row.

evilleace

Give the 2 weeks notice face to face and a letter, it's the right thing to do. If you've been there 5yrs, see if you are vested in the pension, sure it's not a lot of money but a check for say....$50 dollars every month might pay for a QUARTER of a tank of gas or something.

Braveheart

Put it in writing but not until you have the results of exam and starting the new job. For that matter if you can work both jobs until you are sure you got the job and like it. Then turn in your letter. I would also check on the pension thing. If you are a few weeks or months short of vesting it would be worth staying a little longer. Good Luck. You are going on to better things.

rellek

I think a few of you might be misunderstanding what I wrote. I already have the job lined up. I do not even have to take the CPA exam if I don't want to (it's for my own benefit).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

don't worry about a 2 week notice. reason, if the company wanted to let you go, they would not give you a notice!!

It's called doing the right thing.

I admit that in the OP's case it won't make much difference as UPS was never going to be his career but you never know what the future has in store so it is best not to burn any bridges.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I think a few of you might be misunderstanding what I wrote. I already have the job lined up. I do not even have to take the CPA exam if I don't want to (it's for my own benefit).

Do the right thing--give them your two weeks notice--good luck in your new career.

It's called doing the right thing.

I admit that in the OP's case it won't make much difference as UPS was never going to be his career but you never know what the future has in store so it is best not to burn any bridges.

Start your new career with integrity.

Look around you.

The faces you see at UPS may visit your life again in a different capacity and the reputation you develop today will follow.