Should I leave fedex express for dhl?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Downside----no one respects DHL drivers.
Or FedEx Ground drivers.

FedEx Ground crash.jpg

Last edited:

FedGT

They sure do. I hear it from a majority of my customers.

Cuts both ways, I hear the same thing about you guys and UPS drivers. Guess what there is not one company that has flawless drivers. You think you or anyone else is better but you are not. Depends on which company hires a jackass because all 3 have them.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
Cuts both ways, I hear the same thing about you guys and UPS drivers. Guess what there is not one company that has flawless drivers. You think you or anyone else is better but you are not. Depends on which company hires a jackass because all 3 have them.

Neither FedEx nor UPS are jobs of prestige. Granted, UPS employees make significantly more than the opposition; an unskilled laborer is an unskilled laborer. There's a reason so many foreigners are moving into the transportation business. It pays well and doesn't require much skill. It's only a matter of time before all transport jobs are taken over by immigrants. Just look at the landscaping/construction business. The day illegals are able to receive a drivers license is the day UPS locks out the teamsters and begins paying minimum wage.

MAKAVELI

Neither FedEx nor UPS are jobs of prestige. Granted, UPS employees make significantly more than the opposition; an unskilled laborer is an unskilled laborer. There's a reason so many foreigners are moving into the transportation business. It pays well and doesn't require much skill. It's only a matter of time before all transport jobs are taken over by immigrants. Just look at the landscaping/construction business. The day illegals are able to receive a drivers license is the day UPS locks out the teamsters and begins paying minimum wage.
I would think the TSA, FAA, and DOT would have something to say about that. Undocumented workers can get licenses here in California , but to my knowledge cannot work for a transportation co legally. For that matter, they cannot work for any company, LEGALLY.

Last edited:

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Undocumented workers can get licenses here in California , but to my knowledge cannot work for a transportation co legally. For that matter, they cannot work for any company, LEGALLY.
Yes, but Barry still has a year and a half left to put an end to all that nonsense!

'Lord Brown's bidding'

All those wondering if DHL would go under in the states: DHL is the package division of Deutsche Post, the national postal service of Germany. They are the largest of their kind in Europe, and a top dog in the world. They'll always want to have some presence in the US, and so there will always be a need for DHL drivers. They have actually been doing a little expansion lately, and places I haven't seen ship with them in years have begun to do so again recently. This recent expansion, though, is mainly for international shipping.

Seeing as how UPS drivers have to be bonded and are subject to DOT laws, I doubt illegal immigrants will ever get a strong foothold with the company. FedEx Express employees don't need to be bonded?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
All those wondering if DHL would go under in the states: DHL is the package division of Deutsche Post, the national postal service of Germany. They are the largest of their kind in Europe, and a top dog in the world. They'll always want to have some presence in the US, and so there will always be a need for DHL drivers. They have actually been doing a little expansion lately, and places I haven't seen ship with them in years have begun to do so again recently. This recent expansion, though, is mainly for international shipping.

Seeing as how UPS drivers have to be bonded and are subject to DOT laws, I doubt illegal immigrants will ever get a strong foothold with the company. FedEx Express employees don't need to be bonded?

If we are bonded, I've never heard about it. We ARE subjected to background checks though.

Also, FedEx recently de-certified many of us from being under DOT rules, depending on size of trucks we drive. It's a ploy to save money on physicals and to be able to abuse us at Peak.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If we are bonded, I've never heard about it. We ARE subjected to background checks though.

Also, FedEx recently de-certified many of us from being under DOT rules, depending on size of trucks we drive. It's a ploy to save money on physicals and to be able to abuse us at Peak.
As "airline employees", surely ya'll must be bonded.