Should I quit FedEx for UPS

TheKid99

I was hired as Shuttle/Handler 3 months ago

I just became a pt courier a month ago making $17.22/hr

I got an email today for Package Handler at UPS

Should I quit FedEx and go brown? if so what should I tell my manager?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Answer to question 1: Absolutely hell YES!

Answer to question 2: Strongly urge him to have very intimate relations with himself.

Good luck!

!Retired!

If you can handle the cut in pay for an unknown length of time, sure....why not?

Just remember, and I'm not saying which is better, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

dezguy

Take a look at FedEx's top out and then ask a UPS driver what he's making. You'll never see top out at FedEx. Last I heard it takes 2 years to get to top out at UPS.

Quigley

#1 Without a doubt
#2 Bye Bye

freelabor

If pkg is your only option and if the wait to go full time pkg isn't long, i'd say go for it.

I was in the same boat as you a couple months ago, left purple for brown and never looked back. I lucked out too, because a lot of drivers are retiring this year in my building and im probably going to end up full time soon.

bbsam

Staff member
How many part timers are there that have more seniority than you? What's the size of your building? A few months and the full time? Almost good to be true.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you are in a large metro area, the odds could be very good. We have a building not far from me that has FT bids going unsigned.

freelabor

How many part timers are there that have more seniority than you? What's the size of your building? A few months and the full time? Almost good to be true.

Theres only 9 pters ahead of me on the full time list. There was 16 ahead two weeks ago.

Foamer Pyle

I wish I could give you a solid answer, but I do not know what working at Fed Ex is like. I have worked for Brown for 25 years, and I know we earn much higher wages. However, we probably handle more than double the parcels in any given position.

Sent using BrownCafe App

fred can shove it

they both suck. as a new hire at ups you will have to wait 1 year before you get insurance, 18 months if you have a family. becoming a driver is any ones guess. may be a day, may be 5-10 years. it all depends on your center size.

depending on where your center is ( ups ), it will take you 4 years to top out. at fed ex, you will NEVER top out.

If you can find work else where I would. ups with their new orion plan is basically a prison. they truly own you for $33.09 an hr.

fed ex is slowly getting rid of express for ground. ground offers nothing but a paycheck. no pension, no retirement, no benefits.

you do all the work, smith gets all the $$$, hence the fed ex psp principle, PROFIT IN SMITH"S POCKET>

smith and fed ex are parasites living off your back. run away if you can.

Packmule

Long term guess is that FedEx will be around long after the union has buried UPS. Hope I'm wrong as I'm close to retiring from Brown. But at some point wages, benefits and being chronically top heavy with high paid management is going to cause problems.