Should i switch to feeders ?

Overpaid Union Thug

In which building does the combination of CPU and package pick ups take place . It definitely does not happen at the CREEK. I am interested in your answer because just like you , there is a number of folks that would love something like that over here at the Creek.
Paris has one. Unless it was eliminated recently. I'll ask one of our feeder drivers. He's the one that relays allot of that information. In some areas those big hordes of SurePost (that we don't deliver) is delivered to the post office by either regular feeder drivers or by those combination package/feeder drivers instead of cramming an that crap on a regular package route.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Paris has one. Unless it was eliminated recently. I'll ask one of our feeder drivers. He's the one that relays allot of that information. In some areas those big hordes of SurePost (that we don't deliver) is delivered to the post office by either regular feeder drivers or by those combination package/feeder drivers instead of cramming an that crap on a regular package route.
A trailer full of surepost... Lol and people say that the company isn't scamming the shi out of this service....

ManInBrown

Made two stops today, one of those was lunch! Feeder the only way to go!
Really great picture. Every time I venture out west on vacation, I'm just amazed how different it is from where I am. It's like a different planet. The mountains are beautiful. Usually go to Vegas once a year and I'm always enamored by the mountains and just massive rock piles that make up the backyards in Henderson. Those mountains and rocks have probably been here millions of years.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Really great picture. Every time I venture out west on vacation, I'm just amazed how different it is from where I am. It's like a different planet. The mountains are beautiful. Usually go to Vegas once a year and I'm always enamored by the mountains and just massive rock piles that make up the backyards in Henderson. Those mountains and rocks have probably been here millions of years.
That's why the west has so much growth....it's beautiful including the whole west coast

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No doubt. But I'd rather one of our feeder drivers be dropping those off than the work going to FedEx SmartPost.
I think #some# of that work could come back to us AND the company could remain competitive ....that is the sweet spot that the union needs to push for but I guess I'm beating a dead horse... It's frustrating

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
most feeder drivers will tell you it was the best decision they ever made. easier on body. so much so that you will have to work out at the gym to keep off the pounds.

the night work can be a blessing in disguise if you use your imagination. more time with kids actually. time to take care of drs. bank , etc. during business hours. it does take time to get used to sleeping days. cover windows, fans , and probably a sleep aid. you can get by with 5-6 hrs sleep since you can take an hr meal break/meal and nap. that's what most drivers do that work night feeder bids.

sure, it will probably be 55-60 hrs but it's not physical . plus you feel like you are your own boss. nobody really bothering you. the feeder runs we have have pretty liberal allowances. you can take you time and do things the right way and still be ahead of schedule. usually in feeder , safety is most important .

you can listen to sirius/xm radio all night . sometimes it doesn't even feel like you are working.

the best part is the prestige and respect you will get from other drivers. UPS feeder drivers are considered some of the best and we usually are the best. and well paid. even though i am retired , the prestige and respect I got is the part I miss the most.

good luck.
The biggest surprise when I made the switch was how true the last paragraph is. I pinch myself to think I get paid and treated respectfully now.

Kicked Your Dog

Yeah I have to agree with Overpaid Union Thug. Your post might apply to you but definitely not to everyone. For me personally my mental health is fine in package, nothing stressing me out. My area doesn't get too hot or cold so air conditioning doesn't mean much. I actually like my everyday start time of 8:30am, I'm a creature of habit so different start times would suck for me. More family time I wouldn't be sure about but I can't see it being that much more with the longer hours in feeder. Speaking of which I know it's longer hours and a little extra per hour but I doubt it's 50K more. I made 105K last year so you're telling me I'll be getting 155K? And yeah I DO have a good thing going IMO. I love my route, I'm outside and active, seeing fine women out there everyday and getting paid nicely for it.
~155k and quite a few make more. Yes, that is exactly what I'm telling you. Like I said, if you have that good thing, please stay in pkg. There will be someone to happily take a feeder spot.

Last edited:

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
~155k and quite a few make more. Yes, that is exactly what I'm telling you. Like I said, if you have that good thing, please stay in pkg. There will be someone to happily take a feeder spot.

Sounds cool. I'm positive those guys who make 155K are also working 60 hours every single week and I'll pass on that. Maybe at a later stage in life I won't mind that but right now I'm good. You make package sound like it's some impossibly hard job that will have you in a mental asylum with no functioning limbs and dying of heat exhaustion when you're at retirement age. Meanwhile I'm surrounded by scores of 20+ year drivers, 6 of them circle of honor drivers who are all just fine. Feeder is easier, yes we all know that, but package is cool as well.

Johney

$155 a year????? There is one guy in our building who does 60 every week and he only made $133.

jr32bad

It will be the best move in ups you will ever make so many different start times I see my wife more now than in delivery

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
$155 a year????? There is one guy in our building who does 60 every week and he only made $133.

That sounds more realistic. I know Feeder guys make more but it's hard for me to believe they make 155k and he said some guys make more. I figured the 50K more claim was a gross exaggeration.

Kicked Your Dog

Look, I know you probably know everything there is to know about feeder from your package car. But, that's too bad for you. There are very practical ways to earn 6th and 7th day pay while only working 5 days in a work week. Yes, you have to work 60+ hours, but it's juice. Like I've already said, if you have a good thing in package, STAY YOUR ASS THERE! Let the big dogs eat and keep chasing your bone.

Kicked Your Dog

That sounds more realistic. I know Feeder guys make more but it's hard for me to believe they make 155k and he said some guys make more. I figured the 50K more claim was a gross exaggeration.
Bro, you've been hanging with UPSTATE? You already know everything and have never been in a tractor. Wow.

Johney

Look, I know you probably know everything there is to know about feeder from your package car. But, that's too bad for you. There are very practical ways to earn 6th and 7th day pay while only working 5 days in a work week. Yes, you have to work 60+ hours, but it's juice. Like I've already said, if you have a good thing in package, STAY YOUR ASS THERE! Let the big dogs eat and keep chasing your bone.
Hey Einstein I've been a feeder driver for a while now.
TTKU
So tell me how it works again Big dog?
Kicked Your Dog-0
Johney-1

Johney

Kick Your Dog,
Please tell me your secret for working over 60 hours per pay period I have a couple fellow feeder drivers who would really like to know.