Should I take it

MAKAVELI

Lol why don't u quit... Why wake up and hate goin to work?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm working on getting out. But in the meantime I gotta pay the bills. I don't hate the job , just the bs and I believe I'm worth more than the current compensation. I thought when I started here that this was a job you would be rewarded for hard work and dedication. I quickly learned otherwise. Don't forget we tried to warn you.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
3 years..really it was awful. The only thing the union did was protect the poop bags from losing their job. I'd have a tenure guy come in look at his route realize he had 20 stops and 700 cases and take him 13 hrs to do he would make a low tenured guy take it and he'd take something easier...I never knew what I was doing everyday I walked in. Could be servicing pop machines could be merchandising local grocery chains could be delivering to local grocery chains or could be delivering to the gas stations. Or could be a helper. I had 2 weeks vacation but had to take both weeks in feb..there were guys there 10 years just starting to get vacations in may. Bad union experience, I'm glad fed ex isn't union. It was god awful.

Sent using BrownCafe App
So paying your dues and working longer for a company to get those summer vacations and the right to bump to an easier job are bad things now? Typical generation me...

Sent using BrownCafe App

Whocares123

Typical union member statement. Listen I get it if ur tenured u should get the choice of what route u want. That's why u bid, but once u bid on it and u accept then own it. And don't tell me typical generation I'm not an 18 year old punk outta high school. Who wants to pay 50 dollars a week for union dues and not reap the benefits for 25 years? That's idiotic. For u to bid on a route knowing damn well what it's like, no u shouldn't be able to come in and say weather or not u want it. And again I'm sorry if I left because I didn't wanna wait 15-20 years to get a summer vacation, by then my kids will be grown and I would miss all there summer tournaments any vacations because I have to take mine in the middle of winter while there still in school. Does this make me lazy? Is this what makes me a "typical generation"? Cause if so, I'll take it everyday. It works for older guys who are single with no family and no ambition, and wear there teamster jackets proudly but my life is about my family and my kids and spending time with them. Your remark was moronic and doesn't even remotely apply to what I was referring to.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Whocares123

I pay my dues everyday by going to work and busting my hump and coming back and asking weather or not anybody needs help finishing, not weather or not I weathered the :censored2: storm of the union for 30 years.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Orion Syndicate

Typical union member statement. Listen I get it if ur tenured u should get the choice of what route u want. That's why u bid, but once u bid on it and u accept then own it. And don't tell me typical generation I'm not an 18 year old punk outta high school. Who wants to pay 50 dollars a week for union dues and not reap the benefits for 25 years? That's idiotic. For u to bid on a route knowing damn well what it's like, no u shouldn't be able to come in and say weather or not u want it. And again I'm sorry if I left because I didn't wanna wait 15-20 years to get a summer vacation, by then my kids will be grown and I would miss all there summer tournaments any vacations because I have to take mine in the middle of winter while there still in school. Does this make me lazy? Is this what makes me a "typical generation"? Cause if so, I'll take it everyday. It works for older guys who are single with no family and no ambition, and wear there teamster jackets proudly but my life is about my family and my kids and spending time with them. Your remark was moronic and doesn't even remotely apply to what I was referring to.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your work ethic is suspect as you stated you've worked for many companies. Maybe instead of complaining about others, sticking it out and working towards something rather than looking for the next "similar" situation you'd have seniority someplace that would afford you those benefits, I also have young kids and Disney land in February is still Disney land, plus they get to miss a few days of school! The top guy in my dept has been there since '82, yes he deserves to bump me if he wants and pick his vacation before me. Pretty simple really.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Whocares123

It is simple and no I'm not taking my kids outta school. That just hurts them. I was coke for 3 years and Cintas for 2..how is that a lot? Cintas wasn't union they just didn't pay enough. Really a mute point talking with a union guy. I've been around it my whole life my dad has been a teamster for as long as I can remember..there good in ways but a lot of it doesn't make sense to me. I clearly disagree with u which is fine, just doesn't make sense to go on strike because we didn't get our 2 dollars more on the hr. So now I have hungry kids at home cuz of selfishness. I commend the guy from hostess he warned them and they stood their ground and that union strike cost the jobs of thousands and thousands of jobs..sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Orion Syndicate

It is simple and no I'm not taking my kids outta school. That just hurts them. I was coke for 3 years and Cintas for 2..how is that a lot? Cintas wasn't union they just didn't pay enough. Really a mute point talking with a union guy. I've been around it my whole life my dad has been a teamster for as long as I can remember..there good in ways but a lot of it doesn't make sense to me. I clearly disagree with u which is fine, just doesn't make sense to go on strike because we didn't get our 2 dollars more on the hr. So now I have hungry kids at home cuz of selfishness. I commend the guy from hostess he warned them and they stood their ground and that union strike cost the jobs of thousands and thousands of jobs..sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Unions have there plus and minuses, strikes should be last resort and only used for vital employee needs, that said compare FedEx compensation vs UPS compensation and a unions "sense" is pretty evident. Unions are only as good as their members. Just like congress sometimes new blood is needed. Good luck.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Whocares123

Totally agree..cokes union was this little independent soft drink union so I'm sure that's why. And thank you, if I could get on with brown I would.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Keystone

What you don't understand is, that like a union based operation, Fedex operates exactly the same without the benefits. Vacation time is still based on seniority, so don't expect to be taking your vacation in the summer months until you have a few years in. Then you can expect, stagnant pay and falling benefits without the ups (pun intended) of being in a union. I worked for a nuclear site as a contractor and we were union, so I understand what you are saying when you refer to unions. If I had it to do over I would have stayed after the six years I spent there. The pay and benefits were far more than I find in working without union protection. Unions have their downfalls, but by large they have MANY upsides. In my opinion you should have stayed with Coke, but I understand why you left. Same reason I left a 21 dollar per hour job that is now, thanks to the union, a 28 dollar per hour job. Like someone once said, youth is wasted on the young.

Choose wisely and find something worthwhile as a career. It'll pay off in the end, and unfortunately fedex is not your solution. I don't say that condescendingly, I say that to help you in your career search.

Whocares123

I just couldn't take coke and I don't wanna be a career delivery driver..that was my main reason for leaving if I was committed to doing that until I retired I woulda stayed. I just don't wanna break my back my whole life and there's nothing wrong with that, I just see my self helping an organization more than delivering but understand u have to start somewhere..u have to have ur degree in most situations to get into management, sales, etc and couldn't go to school with coke cuz I worked 430 am till 7 pm some days..fed ex is part time (as u usually have to start out with, with X and brown) and it's morning shift so I have time to go to school. It's been frustrating to say the least I just really can't believe the negative feed back on here about X. Just took me by surprise I guess.

Sent using BrownCafe App

dezguy

3 years..really it was awful. The only thing the union did was protect the poop bags from losing their job. I'd have a tenure guy come in look at his route realize he had 20 stops and 700 cases and take him 13 hrs to do he would make a low tenured guy take it and he'd take something easier...I never knew what I was doing everyday I walked in. Could be servicing pop machines could be merchandising local grocery chains could be delivering to local grocery chains or could be delivering to the gas stations. Or could be a helper. I had 2 weeks vacation but had to take both weeks in feb..there were guys there 10 years just starting to get vacations in may. Bad union experience, I'm glad fed ex isn't union. It was god awful.

Sent using BrownCafe App

There are guys at my sta who have been working for Express for almost 10 years who are still pt and the best vacation they can get is at the end of May, beginning of June and that's if there is someone on comp, STD/LTD.

Whocares123

U guys should really quit. Truly, I'm not sure what ur doing with your lives where u hate going to work everyday it's mind blowing.

Sent using BrownCafe App