Should I take it

Whocares123

Seems quite a few trucking companies disagree with you. Over the road drivers who are away for weeks, even months, from their families certainly deserve high compensation and the companies pay that to keep them.
Yea that statement was kinda insulting to anybody that does that for a living.

Sent using BrownCafe App

White Line

Yes I have my cdls, and my father actually works for ABF been there for 20 years. Unfortunately, it to has gone down hill..they still get compensated very well, there have been cut backs on pay they lost a week of vaca, he was telling me you have to be there 8 years now to even get 2 years vaca, been talks of them getting bought out. I guess that CEO is a real SOB, she said no truck driver in the world deserves to make 80k a year. I've heard SAIA is just as bad as coke in my area but they pay really good even have a 3k sign on bonus. I've heard Conway stinks, haven't heard to much about R&L but have heard that they are weird lol. All of em are hiring but they all have the same problem, to many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yeah that's true, I do recall reading about some pay cuts at ABF in a article in TT about a year ago I think, I am just going off of observations of the local ABF drivers in my region, they really don't say much about it, thing is though you are most likely going to run into what you described at express, however only you yourself knows what is good for you and what works for you, my suggestion was just based off of what I would do so I get where you are coming from, in fact I am getting back into LTL after a almost 11 year absence from it, not sure where things are going at ground so I have set up a exit strategy just in case, one thing I will say the company I am getting on with kind of has that we are going to pay you good and here is your benies and 401k but keep your damn mouth shut and just follow orders and everything will be fine vibe to it , I think the company like most companies now has no room for idealist or suggestion makers lol.

White Line

Seems quite a few trucking companies disagree with you. Over the road drivers who are away for weeks, even months, from their families certainly deserve high compensation and the companies pay that to keep them.
Yep and yet they still find people to do it, just like people still go to work for ground and continue to work there.