Should I (we) file?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

A 22.3 job was posted in our hub about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Within 48 hours, the job was removed from the board.

No word on who or what happened.

Two days ago, I talked with a 22.3 who said the job went to a cover driver with less than 1 year experience full-time.

I have more seniority both overall and full-time and was skipped. The other names on the board had more seniority than this person too.

Is this grievable? How long do we have? It's been several weeks and the job just dissapeared. Appears as though management pulled a fast one (what a shocker).

Thanks!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would file if I wanted the job, what could it hurt? I always thought a Bid Job had to be posted for a certain amount of time and signed by the Shop Steward and the Business Manager.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I would file if I wanted the job, what could it hurt? I always thought a Bid Job had to be posted for a certain amount of time and signed by the Shop Steward and the Business Manager.

In this hub, the union means nothing. Management gets away with whatever they want to. Stewards are basically managers wearing teamster pins. It doesn't surprise me at all that this would happen to a bid as management already had someone hand picked i'm sure. I'm sure most centers, yes, there is a process for it all. Not here, though.

I am most importantly wonder how much time there is to grieve something that happened in the past. I'm on vacation until august 4th and I feel like if I wait until I come back the issue will be null and void..

thanks again for reading

upsdude

In our district the local HR rep is responsible for all bid list postings. The bid list will have the effective dates typed on the top so there’s no question as to when it comes down.

I understand what you’re saying about local union representation, which can be very frustrating. We’re very fortunate that we have a very good HR person that has solved problems management and the union couldn’t seem to agree on.

If you feel that contacting the union is a waste of time try the HR department. That’s the best I can offer.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
In this hub, the union means nothing. Management gets away with whatever they want to. Stewards are basically managers wearing teamster pins. It doesn't surprise me at all that this would happen to a bid as management already had someone hand picked i'm sure. I'm sure most centers, yes, there is a process for it all. Not here, though.

thanks again for reading

same here, our BA is in bed with the management. As far as for file a grievance , check out the list first and ask people to see if they got skipped.

filthpig

A 22.3 job was posted in our hub about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Within 48 hours, the job was removed from the board.

No word on who or what happened.

Two days ago, I talked with a 22.3 who said the job went to a cover driver with less than 1 year experience full-time.

I have more seniority both overall and full-time and was skipped. The other names on the board had more seniority than this person too.

Is this grievable? How long do we have? It's been several weeks and the job just dissapeared. Appears as though management pulled a fast one (what a shocker).

Thanks!
You have 10 days.

helenofcalifornia

The bid sheet was supposed to be up and available for all to see and sign for one week. I would start by grieving that and see where it goes. Mighty suspicious.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Supervisors said bid sheets only must be posted for 48 hours.

All jobs are available to be bid in New England. 22.3 can bid package, vice versa.
Check out a 22.3 job that was posted last March in our center, The damn thing is still up.And it was filled last April/May , due to someone getting bumped.
Never heard of any 48hr rule, kind of sucks for someone on vacation or out sick.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Check out a 22.3 job that was posted last March in our center, The damn thing is still up.And it was filled last April/May , due to someone getting bumped.
Never heard of any 48hr rule, kind of sucks for someone on vacation or out sick.

No one wanted that inside/out job.

Beware "The Prince of Darkness" :happy-very: