Should I (we) file?

File, 22.3 combo jobs are not supposed to be offered to current full time people. At least thats the way it is in our local. It was also to be up for 3 days. Don't wait, at most locals you only have a small window of time to file. You should win hands down no questions ask. In our local this would be a cut and dry case!

Last edited:

helenofcalifornia

I had no idea that the length of a posting of a new job was random among UPS centers and hubs. I thought the dating and posting of new work was one week everywhere. And in my center, drivers that are off on vaca, WC, disability, are given a call to see if they are interested.

In my state it is illegal for ups to contact someone while on work comp. It is called featherbeding. No position shall be held for anyone one comp.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

:UPDATE:

Thank you for the responses folks. I appreciate taking the time to give advice and how to approach the situation.

It appears that, as par for the course, management tried to pull a fast one.

There were two 22.3 jobs that were abandoned - one retiree, one move.

Management felt it was necessary to ELIMINATE one, so they combined one half of each and made ONE job out of TWO.

The bid was taken down in 48 hours because our local was on top of the situation ( apparently, so says one of our stewards)

So in the end, hopefully there will be a couple jobs up on the board in coming months. Not at all counting on it, though. I would imagine these jobs are gone and never to be seen again....:dead: The representation up this way seems to be lacking inside the hub and I would imagine it's all talk and they'll still give way to whatever UPS wants.

Ms Spoken

In my state it is illegal for ups to contact someone while on work comp. It is called featherbeding. No position shall be held for anyone one comp.

Is this so called "featherbeding" kind of like the old Tar and Feathers? Sure does sound the same to me. JMO but, our FT drivers should be allowed to bid any FT 22.3

So here is a question for everyone. Lets say you won a feeder bid two years ago but, UPS never did put the run in do you get to keep that bid for the next run or are you :censored2::censored2:out of luck? I think I know the answer to this but, just thought I would ask.

BCFan

Check out a 22.3 job that was posted last March in our center, The damn thing is still up.And it was filled last April/May , due to someone getting bumped.
Never heard of any 48hr rule, kind of sucks for someone on vacation or out sick.

If you guys would read your contract you would know that a bid has to remain up 10 working days not 48 hours..... file on that first and ask the position be re-bid as a part of the settlement you desire....Tell the management person(sic) to pound sand and abide by the contractual language not his/her erroneous beliefs. BC (not Barack Champaign)