Should I worry about my job?

thebrownbox

Long story short..

I somehow had a packaged address corrected to me (I think because the guy had the same name as me first and last) because the address he used did not exist in my town.

So when it arrived I was puzzled and I open it and I see the incorrect shipping address (tracking also said the same) but his billing address was in my town.. So given it was near 9:30Pm I did not drive over but waited until the next day to go drive it out to his house.. I asked if the named person lived here and he did and that was that..

So fast forward today I was asked to speak with the Ops manager regarding this package because they said a tracer was on it.. and I was like yeah I delivered it (mind you the package already missed a day because of the address error) anyways I told them where the billing address was and they wrote it down and before I sealed it back up to take it to him I scanned the outside label on the back and the item receipt in the box showing the incorrect address and the billing address where i took it to.

I'm not going to risk loosing my job over a overpriced martha's vines shirt...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like you CYA'd. The customer should sign off on the follow up and all will be well. There are pkgs mis-del all the time. Sometimes we get them back and re-del and sometimes the person that recd it just hands it to the person that was supposed to get it.

If it happens again get it back to UPS and let them fix the error. That way there will be no questions at all. :happy-very:

sosocal

this should be simple enough - the proper questions are -........ are you a clerk that has address correction duties????...and had you seen this package in any way shape or form before it came to your door?...if the answer is yes to either of those questions you might have some 'splainin' to do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

this should be simple enough - the proper questions are -........ are you a clerk that has address correction duties????...and had you seen this package in any way shape or form before it came to your door?...if the answer is yes to either of those questions you might have some 'splainin' to do.

These questions would be relevant if the pkg had come up missing but the OP said that he made sure that it got to the correct address. He did not say if he did an ADC in his DIAD or if he got an autograph when he redelivered it-- both of these things would have made this a non-issue.

A positive DFU will put this issue to bed.

thebrownbox

How long does it take for a follow up? funny how the package went way out of the way which total time lost about 2 days which should of only took one. Given that they wrote down the address I delivered it to I guess I should hear something in the morning?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How long does it take for a follow up? funny how the package went way out of the way which total time lost about 2 days which should of only took one. Given that they wrote down the address I delivered it to I guess I should hear something in the morning?

Box, are you are a driver? It is beginning to sound like you may not be. If this is the case, then what you should have done was bring the pkg back to the center and let the center team handle it. Your intentions were good but there are procedures involved for this very reason.

over9five

Staff member
If it was delivered to his house and he personally brought it to the correct consignee, then he did it as a private person. It should have no effect on his keeping his job.

thebrownbox

If it was delivered to his house and he personally brought it to the correct consignee, then he did it as a private person. It should have no effect on his keeping his job.

yeah I did it as a private person heck I wore my hot ass UPS sweater too.. and just barely made it to a wedding on time on top of that..

Just to think what could of happened it it went to someone else...

thebrownbox

I'm sure a positive DFU will follow I told him in simple terms of what happened i left the old PAL label on the package to let him know where it got sent to.

I hope he found out he entered in a shipping address that does not exist here.

I think he might of meant Union Street in NY.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm sure a positive DFU will follow I told him in simple terms of what happened i left the old PAL label on the package to let him know where it got sent to.

I hope he found out he entered in a shipping address that does not exist here.

I think he might of meant Union Street in NY.

ECS will show the ADC. The driver will bring the DFU to the consignee that you brought the pkg to and (hopefully) he/she will sign it stating that they did receive the pkg.

Relax--everything will be just fine and you did a good thing by helping out although the right thing would have been to have the center team handle it. Dave.