Should some of us make more than others?

kingOFchester

Re: Should some of make more?

Do we dare discuss performance based wage?

Being that my center is bonus, we sort of have that already. If you are willing to run, break methods, load truck and take on all extra work, you can make more then the guy who follows methods, doesn't touch truck and so forth.

Ms.PacMan

Fair enough! Devils advocate would be that other professions have salaries that are higher in the larger urban area's then out in the boonies. Dr's, lawyers, Fast food workers to name a few.

UPS doesn't put facilities within extremely high cost urban areas. I can only think of one, Manhattan, and that may be because they have owned that property for a long time. San Diego is serviced by a hub in Chula Vista, I know.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

UPS Management and Non-Union are paid differently depending on the location.

NYC, Chicago, San Fransisco are in "D" zones

Atlanta is in a "B" zone

Podunk, OK is in an "A" zone.

The difference in salary is considerable.

kingOFchester

UPS doesn't put facilities within extremely high cost urban areas. I can only think of one, Manhattan, and that may be because they have owned that property for a long time. San Diego is serviced by a hub in Chula Vista, I know.

This is what you get for $139,900 in the same zipcode as my building 2 Bd 2 Ba 871 Sq twin. no ground other then foot print. Foreclosure in need of work.

This is what you get for in Clearwater Fl for example.$139,900 3 Bd 2 Ba 1,531 Sq Ft 0.34 Acres. Nice single with yard.

kingOFchester

ha ha ha ha. To get that in the suburbs of NYC you have to pay over $1M. How much does that driver get paid?

Can we start at 150 an hour? And that is my point. It isn't just housing that is astronomical.....its everything from gas, food, utilities and so forth.

kingOFchester

UPS Management and Non-Union are paid differently depending on the location.

NYC, Chicago, San Fransisco are in "D" zones

Atlanta is in a "B" zone

Podunk, OK is in an "A" zone.

The difference in salary is considerable.

Philadelphia?

boswharfs

As far as the you don't have to live there response....... there are no transfers in this company. Once you start part time somewhere that is where you are. So 24 years ago when I was going to college in the Boston area and started part time on the preload, I became locked up in this area. Couldn't get back to Arizona in this company if I tried.

kingOFchester

As far as the you don't have to live there response....... there are no transfers in this company. Once you start part time somewhere that is where you are. So 24 years ago when I was going to college in the Boston area and started part time on the preload, I became locked up in this area. Couldn't get back to Arizona in this company if I tried.

My brother lives in Lexington. He likes the area, hates the snow and hated the mortgage payment.

kingOFchester

Interesting thread here. I'd say that cost of living and house prices,play a more important role in our wages than we know.I was looking into this and in Canada a house in Vancouver goes for around $650,000 and in Fredericton NB $175,000,thats a huge difference.
Here's a color coded map of house prices in America.
US Home Prices and USA Heat Map - Trulia Real Estate Search - Trulia.com

Thanks DS for the edit of the title.

I used the map and singled out my state and did a "heat" pricing. I live smack dab in the middle of the highest color. Figures. Would have to drive an hour in any direction to get lower prices.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

NEver mind the geographic difference in pay. How does the guy with 25+ years feel about the guy with 3 years making the same amount as he does? Where's the "fairness" in that.

I aagree the guys with 3 years likely has many more bills to pay. He should make more. Lol