Should the DHL guy lose his job ?

TheDick

If I was the DHL driver, my answer would be I thought the SUV that swerved in front of me was gonna hit me head on so I swerved and accidentally hit the :censored2: in the Ford Taurus. And no It didnt ever enter into my mind hit that SOB- He almost ran over a cop!

UPSGUY72

I don't believe that the DHL guy had enough time to figure out what was going with the Mini van traveling head on in his lane of traffic he had to make a split second decision get hit head on or to serve to avoid the mini van.

His slit second decision most likely saved the life of the people in the mini van and accidentally hitting of the suspect car is unfortunate.

I don't think the DHL driver beeped his horn,flashed his lights,made eye contact,checked for space on all four sides,or used his signals and fourways...therefore should be terminated on the spot.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It looks to me like the DHL driver was using that force which he felt was necessary to effect a citizens arrest on a fleeing felon who had already attempted to murder a police officer by running over him with his car.

The only weapon he had available to him was his truck, and he used it successfully. Imagine the consequences of that Taurus hitting a minivan with a family in it at high speed instead of a big, heavy delivery vehicle. Not a pleasant thought. Priority #1 in a situation like that is to disable the fleeing vehicle by any means necessary, thereby avoiding a potentially life-threatening high speed pursuit on a busy road.

Or maybe the DHL driver was simply trying to avoid the serving van and wound up hitting the bad guys car by mistake. Either way, he did not ask to be put in that situation, he didnt cause it, he couldnt control it, and he certainly should not lose his job due to the actions of a lunatic criminal.

Borderline 9.5

My guess would be the latter, it looks like he was trying to avoid the van that was driving at him/her head on. The van is behind the suspect and pulls right in front of the police car and continues to drive on the wrong side of the road. Probably was just trying to get out of the way since there were shots fired. Usually cars just stop when the see police with their lights on, the gun fire may have freaked them out. As it would have me.