Should The US End Its Embargo to Cuba?

Should the US end its embargo of Cuba?

• Total voters

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The embargo was the result of tensions between the US and a nation that no longers exists as it did back then. It is time to end the embargo and open up a trade market for our US companies.

klein

Für Meno :)
Yup, I had to scramble like crap yesterday to get Heinz ketchup small packs (didn't want to buy a bottle - once opened it needs to be refrigerated).
Even though Heinz and Kraft, Coke and Pepsi are in Canada manufactured also,..... we, or no other country can send those items there, because it's American owned.
Now, not on behalf of the Cubans... but behalf of the American embargo against them.

klein

i wouldn't mind getting my hands on some fine cuban cigars legally.
I got some here, just wouldn't be legal to send them to you. Bought 3 boxes in Mexico for a very good price. But only have 2 left.

klein

no worries i have plenty of relatives north of the border that hook me up.

Well, what I paid in Mexico would cost double that in Canada, easily ! Actually bought them to resell, but don;t think that will happen unless I go to a bar.

P

pickup

Can't believe this thread already got a NO vote. It's not an immigration issue..... it's a trade issue !

I voted no for a few reasons. The main one is that this was a poll suggessted bi klein. over95 obliged and here it is. And now he is shocked that someone voted "no". Mebbe the next time u want a poll that u alreadi have a clear opinion(answer) about , then u should specifi that ur approved answer be the onl choice. Gee Whiz!

klein

I voted no for a few reasons. The main one is that this was a poll suggessted bi klein. over95 obliged and here it is. And now he is shocked that someone voted "no". Mebbe the next time u want a poll that u alreadi have a clear opinion(answer) about , then u should specifi that ur approved answer be the onl choice. Gee Whiz!

I can't care less. In a way, I hope the US keeps the embargo. Because, otherwise Canada would probably lose out. Not probably, but forsure, actually.
We need to keep our trade surpluses (they earn us money).
The US can keep it's trade deficits , (they have had over a decade now), and keep losing money.
Seems, that is your wish !

Besides, it was nice to go somewhere, where not 1 single American was to be found ! :happy-very:

P

pickup

Besides, it was nice to go somewhere, where not 1 single American was to be found ! :happy-very:

see post #4 , hypocrite. I seem to have found the "y" on my keyboard. Actually, I needed to call klein a hypocrite and copied and pasted the "y". Necessity , the mother of invention.

P

pickup

I can't find the actual news video report at the moment. But it was just aired yesterday or the day before.

But, here is another example of things you can't get in the US:

Americans flock to Toronto to Buy Coveted Mangoes

no response to the accusation of hypocrisy? Once again you are doing the Kleinwarp dance.

I remember doing the Klein Warp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling
Let's do the Klein warp again...
Let's do the Klein warp again!

It's just a jump to the left
And then another step to the left
With your hands on your ears
and then pretend you are deaf
But it's the constant evasion that drives everyone else insane,
Let's do the Klein Warp again!

It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me
So you can't see me, no not at all
In another dimension, with voyeuristic intention
Well-secluded, I see all
With a bit of a mind flip
You're there in the time slip
And nothing can ever be the same
You're spaced out on sensation, like you're under sedation
Let's do the Klein Warp again!

klein

Was just another example of things Americans can't buy in their "free" country.

Actually, the biggest seller are Cuban cigars to americans here, besides ofcourse medication and even smaller , over the counter drugs,such as Tylenol 1.

klein

Drinks in Cuba
SANY0048.jpg

Beach and resort
SANY0025.jpg SANY0026.jpg