Should UPS Officially Sponsor Discussion Forum

nc_exports

First I would like to say hello to all. This is my first post, and I enjoy reading the comments. I decided to stop observing and start joining the conversations.
Ok now that is out of the way. I would have to say, "NO"! I think Big Brother looks over our shoulder enough and a officially sponsored forum would just be something else to aggravate us.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
nc_exports, thanks for registering and welcome to the Brown Cafe.

I don't think that the company would ever put up a discussion board like this. I could think of several reasons. For one, I don't think that employees would trust it to be anonymous. So any hope to gather accurate data from it would be impossible. Some people would think their employee ID number would pop up and somehow IE would "adjust" their workload according to whether they made a positive or negative post. Another reason is that most employees would think that it would be mostly propaganda, meaning anything negative would be deleted or edited out. In short, no matter what your position is with UPS, the trust would never be there enough to make the idea work. Thats a shame, because the company as a whole could work together so much better if we could all work together and be able to communicate on a higher level.

area43

Being on this site is like a kid being in a candy store. Sorry mikey, no gummy bears for you. A big thanks to you, Cheryl.

Last edited:

athena

I honestly don't think it should be a UPS sponsored website. That being said, I am with UPS Lifer. I hope they do monitor the website. First, I think it is pretty unlikely they will jump on anybody's case for bad mouthing a supervisor/manager. Second, the Mike Eskew thing seemed relatively minor. I mean, UPS is a huge company and like any big company is a target for liability suits. Not a surprise they wouldn't want someone pretending to be Mike. Third, it sounds like there might have been some real changes made possibly due to monitoring of this website. If that really is the reason the truck got washed or the website was changed, that seems like a good thing. Just my opinion.