Should We Fear Death from an Act of Terrorism?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, Apr 29, 2013.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

3. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

What happened to North Korea who was at any moment going to launch a global nuclear war?

4. Monkey Butt

Still there and wearing one glove.

5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

We will anxiously await Ambassador Rodman's report in August !!

6. Monkey Butt

I wondered what Dennis was going to do after basketball.

7. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I was bettin' he was going to be the star of "Say Yes To The Dress".

8. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Americans Troubled More by Governmental Abuse Than Terrorism

9. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

10. Monkey Butt

Yes ... that is true and a good thing.

11. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Funny how for most of the last decade, it was CNN and MSNBC viewers who were afraid of gov't.

12. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

According to the study, the area east of the Barton-McFarland community in zip code 48204 is the most dangerous neighborhood in America.

The study said the chances of becoming a victim of violent crime in this west side community over the course of a year are one in seven.
    Sharing similar statistics is the Islandview community in the 48207 zip code on the city’s east side, which ranks as the second most dangerous neighborhood on the list.
    Coming in as the third most dangerous neighborhood in the country is the area between Ravendale and LaSalle College Park in zip codes 48213 and 48205.
    The study said the chances of becoming a victim of violent crime in this east side neighborhood are one in eight.

[h=1]Detroit Takes Top Spots On List Of Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In America[/h]

13. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

But your bed is still a greater threat than this neighborhood and even a cop poses just a slightly greater threat.

14. Monkey Butt

Regardless of your political persuasion, you should be wary and afraid of government.

15. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

That is why I want less of it.

16. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Actually, that's true. Anyone who was intelligent and sane feared what George W. Bush might say or do next.

17. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

The problem was once GWB was gone, they stopped voicing opposition to the same actions under Bush to which they'd been rightly vocal. Now under Obama, they themselves became the "Bush apologist" for what in effect are Bush policies continued and magnified under Obama's watch. But then the silent mass of the Bush era, those Bush apologists, became a vocal mass of the Obama era. The comedy is watching them criticize Obama when he's projecting Bush policy on the grounds it violates the Constitution but then to equal the comedy are the Obama apologists offering excuses and makes exceptions.

It's not about principle for either side, it's purely politics and thus with controlled opposition, the state grows. Hoax's point in post #14 being valid.

Last week in an interview with Alternet, Noam Chomsky had this to say about Obama:

Noam Chomsky: Obama's Attack on Civil Liberties Has Gone Way Beyond Imagination

Had Bush done what Obama is doing now, it would be the democrats rushing the gun stores, buying ammo and screaming for blood and yet, listen......hear that?..........yeah me neither.

Chomsky is also a plantiff along with the likes of Chris Hedges and Daniel Ellsburg in suing the Obama administration over these very issues and where is the traditionally strong civil liberties democrat party? There's that silence again. But then where is the GOP or even the Tea Party who proclaim the Constitution and it's Bill of Rights all but sacred and from the hands of God? Same silence.

That might be telling to anyone the least capable of any critical thinking.