Should you or Shouldn't you, tip your preloader?

Ring Sport

Here is my opinion on tipping. Tipping is for when you go above and beyond what your already being paid to do. Opinion of what above and beyond is probably different for everybody. I kinda chuckle when I go to a restaurant and I go in for pickup and there is that line on the receipt for a tip. Or the newspaper carrier that drives by and chucks your paper out the window as he passes by and you have to go get it out of the driveway. He isn't getting it to the front door. I almost feel as if they think that simply selling me their product that I should tip. I don't expect tips from anybody, but those that do are the customers that appreciate me carrying the stuff they get everyday to the back door. For me it is just doing my job to prevent theft and weather. To the customer it is going the extra mile instead of dumping it on the front porch.

My pre-loader I will throw him a soda here and there, and always tell him thanks. He isn't the greatest, but I know I could have far worse.

blkmamba

Haha no snake face I would never really punch a pre-loader. Sarcasm. Look it up please and get back to me.
Sometimes all a preloader needs is thank you not a tip. There hear crap all day from their sup. I understand sarcasm, however, your post make it seem like you're pissed at the world. Seriously though when a driver said, "nice job, or thank you" that was good enough for me, at least I got acknowledged from someone

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Right, you could do all those things. Some people do. I could be a :censored2:ty driver too, but I have to look in the mirror ever yIn thaday. So I choose to do a good job, I don't expect a tip though for simply doing what I am supposed to do...
Where in this thread did I ever say I'm entitled to a tip??? Show me where. I never said that...I earned every tip I ever got. I'm damn good at my job...and take pride in that. But that doesn't mean I take crap from anyone...you have an issue with my load, come talk to me and we'll fix it. Give me an attitude like yours, and you'll get one back. Your attitude sucks...were you an off the street hire?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Think about it for a second----drivers make $33/hr (or more)----a $100 tip works out to 3 hours of work or just under $2/week.

Preloader gets $100.

Helper gets $50.

Mailman gets $20.

I used to tip the paper boy but I get my paper online because of delivery issues.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sometimes all a preloader needs is thank you not a tip. There hear crap all day from their sup. I understand sarcasm, however, your post make it seem like you're pissed at the world. Seriously though when a driver said, "nice job, or thank you" that was good enough for me, at least I got acknowledged from someone
Umm...aren't you an ex PT sup?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
I can't believe this question is up for debate any normal driver will and absolutely should tip there preloader...I tip my preloader my off loader and carwasher esp at Christmas

Travwise

Haha yes I was an off the street hire. So draw all the conclusions you like from that. I was attempting to be funny with my original response...that being said I still don't think someone should receive a tip for doing what they are paid to do.

You keep being a super awesome pre-loader mmkay? Ill keep driving the big brown truck.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We have a FT preload a lot of drivers when they want a break from driving or just don't want to drive anymore bid those jobs and don't take a pay cut.
Yup...I know...I have a good friend in the same type of building as yours. Unfortunately, my building doesn't have that.

leastbest

LeastBest
I used to tip my preloader but the last few years they started putting 150 packages against the bulkhead door because that is where the PAL said it went. When I explained that I couldn't do my job with it there they just shrugged.

BTW: I was tipped very well by my customers. But, I was delivering the same route for over thirty years.

PT Car Washer

I used to tip my preloader but the last few years they started putting 150 packages against the bulkhead door because that is where the PAL said it went. When I explained that I couldn't do my job with it there they just shrugged.

BTW: I was tipped very well by my customers. But, I was delivering the same route for over thirty years.
Sounds like the preloader was working as he was taught. Did you ever discuss the situation with the preload management team?