Should you or Shouldn't you, tip your preloader?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I DONT LOVE THEM KIDS lmfao. All about the gravy train baby. You know me not programmed by society to have kids like everybody else. Which theres nothing wrong with as long as you want kids and don't feel pressured by others to do it or what society tells you, you should do lol.
Noooo....no kids for me..the world ain't ready for a lil bb58 running around...lmao

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Noooo....no kids for me..the world ain't ready for a lil bb58 running around...lmao
Feel ya, lifes a lot easier without kid for sure. I don't hate on people who have kids that actually wanted kids. In fact I have mad respect for those people. Its just the idiots that have kids, who did it for different purposes beyond actually wanting them, that pisses me off, while taxpayers who work hard like us pay for their idiot choices.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You can sense which loaders actually give a dam and which ones totally don't give a crap. Not hard to decipher at all. All you gotta do is pay attention to them physically on what their doing with load and their mental state as to how their approaching doing what their doing lol.

CJinx

When I was a package handler at Fedex, my drivers would sometimes bring me a hot chocolate when they got in. Otherwise the only time I saw cash was when someone was covering and asked me to write down all their stops in order for them (before manifests).

margaritaville

Id be willing to tip them long as they get my air in or around the 1000 self. I dont care if my other :censored2: is wrong. But when i have an air tossed up inbetween the 3 and 7000 shelf my whole day just starts off terrible.

Im just worried tipping could be awkward/condescending depending on who you tip. I dont wanna act like im better then them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Id be willin gI to tip th eFom long as they get my air in or around the 1000 self. I dont care if my other :censored2: is wrong. But when i have an air tossed up inbetween the 3 and 7000 shelf my whole day just starts off terrible.

Im just worried tipping could be awkward/condescending depending on who you tip. I dont wanna act like im better then them.
Just hand them the cash and say Merry Christmas...I've never found it awkward for a ups guy in browns handing me a wad of cash....oh wait...lmao :foamfinger:

strawhat

I am saying this as a preloadder with one year experience and in regards to tipping anywhere else, why is there a need for a consensus with tipping? Obviously no one tips workers at fast food restaurants, so why should it be required to tip in other situations? As for myself, I am tipping my drivers with small gifts or gift cards, they're nice guys/gals and I like them, plus we joke around a lot and laughter in itself is the tip.

strawhat

Why tell the sups about custom loads, when its the preloadder that will be loading the pull? How about talking to the loaders about how they want the trucks to be loaded. I wish drivers would post some instructions and post them somewhere on the truck so that the loader could see it, especially when the preloadder is just starting out on a pull.

brostalss

Been driving for 14 years. On my route for 10 years this January. Problem at our hub is that they move us around so much that our loaders change quite often.

This kid I have loading my truck now is Da' Man. Great attitude. Loads are awesome. No misloads. Always have my NDA. And I'm the first truck done is his drop because he knows I get out early.

He's getting a little something from me this year. He deserves it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My loader makes around 12 bucks an hour. He loads 4 trucks(2 of which are high volume Industrial routes) ,is at the end of the belt dealing with all the stuff that has gone by and has to work around that to get his packages . Our management team of course leads by fear and intimidation and feel yelling and/or theats are the best way to get the most from people.
He does his job the best he can and I never miss a chance to tell him how much I appreciate his efforts.
At least once a week i'll bring him something to say Thanks be it Donuts Mickey Dees, Chik Fila or even a couple of packs of his brand of smokes. This will be his first peak loading my truck and I plan on giving him at least $50 for Christmas .

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not even once or twice???
Nope....I'll never forget my first Xmas tips years ago..we're tryin to wrap and one of my drivers comes up and hands me some cash and tells me it's from him and "D" (the driver from the route next to his who was out on medical)
So I stuff the money in my pocket with my left hand while shaking his hand and thank him. All I knew was it felt like a thick wad and .I'm thinking it's a huge tip and I'm all excited. Later it turned out to be 10 singles wrapped around a 50.

Lmao....in hindsight, I was still grateful..a lot of loaders don't get anything. I loaded for both of those guys for 4 more years before one retired and the other landed a porter job...they hooked me up every peak.

Z

ZQXC

I tell the loader: "It's not that much, but it's tax free and I do appreciate what you do."

I'm quite sure I would spoil a lady loader. LOL