Should you or Shouldn't you, tip your preloader?

oldngray

nowhere special
My bad didn't know it was a spelling contest lol
Epiphanies That Will Blow Your Mind 026.jpg

watdaflock?

I know exactly what you mean...been there, done that. An "awesome" (your word, not mine) loader has time to stacked the missed work.

Actually I help out more than stacking missed work. I'll either walk it up and load it myself or slide the box back up to the loader it belongs.
I'm so awesome* the others don't have to walk down into my area!

*and I use the term "awesome" only being sarcastic.
Not much humor around here before peak it seems.

Z

ZQXC

Other than a stare at my :censored2: and the occassional friendly hug from a couple of drivers...I don't want or expect to be treated any different than the guys I load next to....that's one of the things I like about Brown.

If I stared at your :censored2: while hugging you, would that be OK?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
A person does not need to be tipped for doing their job unless it's figured into their wage.

Even then.. You will need to earn your tip from me

wayfair

swollen member
I leave tips all the time.
"don't mess with my supplies box"
"leave the dolly/hand truck alone, work around it"
"leave me 2 feet inside the bulkhead door"
I have left outlines of boxes with a marker on the rdr area floor "load like this" so that the boxes don't fall on the latch of the rear door (also, that customers' packages are pretty much all the same size and weight) when he loads his way, they all fall as soon as I pull out of the building
"please take your trash with you"
"keep the over 50 lbs off the top shelf" (really, the guy is like 5'6")

Future

Victory Ride
I do tip my loader on a regular basis, plus a good amount on Christmas.......He really cares about the quality of his loads and is a good kid. I will slip him a 10-15....during the regular year from time to time.....Tell him to go have a beer on me! He works 2 part time jobs and goes to college part time....to me thats a hard workin individual!...He does the extra while loading....and as I stated on another post recently takes the time to clean out truck from PKG debris(popcorn, papers etc). He is worth a little coin for his effort!

RealPerson

Right, you could do all those things. Some people do. I could be a :censored2:ty driver too, but I have to look in the mirror everyday. So I choose to do a good job, I don't expect a tip though for simply doing what I am supposed to do...
I bet you sure take the Tips and Food and hookups the businesses and home owners give you.
You get some right? When I use to do driver helper all the drivers I helped did.
If you are not getting any, you might want to check yourself...
Share the Love... UPS Won't Union ehhh, only have co-workers...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have not read all the replies, I do because I want to. But I have the same one every day, and all year. So yes I want to, its not a mandate. And I do it early. so he has time to enjoy it however he wants. How much is up to each person, but 100 a year, isnt too much I dont think