Shoulder harness seat belts, seats and jump seats safety concern called in.

Integrity

Binge Poster
As promised, I made the call to the UPS Help Line regarding UPS Package Cars without shoulder harness seat belts and high back seats and jump seats without shoulder harness seat belts and back cushions.

I have posted to my blog what transpired during the call.

A very interesting development occurred during the call. I was enlightened to the fact that the company that provides the Help Line service to UPS will accept written report documents via e-mail, fax or US mail.

Sincerely,
I

DS

Fenderbender
Integrity, I think you should have left out the threat about going to an outside source like newspapers until they responded to your concern.

tieguy

Banned
I'll be interested to see if Integrity has the guts to sit down with someone this time or if he continues lurking in the shadows.

upssup

i am the first one to get spooled up over this conversation and I am just not gonna do it this time. I will behave myself.

upssup

Spooled up, it is what a turbocharger does when it gains RPM's and develops power. Also a phrase that I heard once, something along the lines of getting wound up.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Integrity, I think you should have left out the threat about going to an outside source like newspapers until they responded to your concern.

Yea, right, whatever.
There's a good chance they will jump right on it and resolve the concern immediately.
Integrity, you usually come off as a nut job, but you're right on track this time.
As a matter of fact, I'm thinking you should have called the press first.
The more noise you make, the better your chances.
Scream it from the tallest rooftop.
To Integrity and beyond.

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Hmmm....Our pkg cars are equipped with shoulder harness seat belts but I can't stand the shoulder strap so it just gets flipped over my head each and every time. It's mainly a habit and I'm probably tagged as a safety violator although I could care less.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your concerns will be forwarded to the Safety Committee for prompt review. After 6 or 7 years of discussion about the issue, the committee will invent the Eight Keys to Avoid Splattering Your Brains On The Windshield for all employees to memorize, as well as a new acronym and a commentary to recite for the next Keter audit.

You wont ever actually get a 3 point seatbelt, but they will give you a sticker and a cookie.

raceanoncr

Oh, great! Now the earth will be knocked off it's axis, the poles will be shifted, and Al Gore will be right! Thanks alot, I.

Overpaid Union Thug

I could do without the over the shoulder belts. Especially during hot weather. I can't stand how the over the shoulder belt presses down and causes my shirt and uniform top to absorb more sweat. And nothing looks more appealing to a customer than a UPS driver with a sweat stain stripe that runs from the left shoulder down across to the right hip. Its even better when it dries and salt stains are visible.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I could do without the over the shoulder belts. Especially during hot weather. I can't stand how the over the shoulder belt presses down and causes my shirt and uniform top to absorb more sweat. And nothing looks more appealing to a customer than a UPS driver with a sweat stain stripe that runs from the left shoulder down across to the right hip. Its even better when it dries and salt stains are visible.

I would much rather have a sweat stain than the stain from blood because my face just went through the windshield.

soberups

And nothing looks more appealing to a customer than a UPS driver with a sweat stain stripe that runs from the left shoulder down across to the right hip. Its even better when it dries and salt stains are visible.

I would rather offend a customer with a sweat stain than to have my wife attend my funeral because my head was propelled thru the windshield while my jaw was driven out the back of my neck by the steering wheel.

soberups

The reality of the situation is the the "UPS help line" exists only to perpetuate the illusion that the company is willing to act on concerns that are brought forth. It looks great on paper but it was never intended to actually accomplish anything. It is no different from any of our Safety Committees; it generates lots of paperwork and meetings and reports and lets the company take credit for its existence, but it will never be allowed to make any actual changes to UPS policies, procedures, facilities or equipment.

Its pretty much like putting a steering wheel on a locomotive. The company will let someone wear an engineer hat, and they can turn the wheel and ring the bell and blow the whistle and wave to everybody, but the locomotive will only go where the company has already decided to send it.