Shoulder injuries

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
I am in a small satellite center where we do everything! We unload the plane, sometimes multiple, with no beltloadeor or rollers, and the bottom of plane is eye level, hand scan everything, load trucks, sort, deliver 12 to 15 sporh, and process all outbound, damages, and anything else that needs to be done in the center.

4 years ago I tore up my left shoulder after writing up a sticking door on my vehicle do 7 months. It took me a year to recover and get back to work. At that time we were begging for a beltloader and was told "we'll see".

They sent a load stand.

2 years later on a frozen tarmac, with 50 mph winds and blowing snow, I was knocked off of it while off loading a 45 lb box. Thank goodness I wasn't hurt at that time but I refuse to use it anymore.

I am now on TAW for an injury with my right shoulder. This is caused by repetitive motion of off loading the planes, and all the other things us drivers do everyday. I don't think it's as severe as my last injury because I've reported it before it got too bad. I'm just hoping it won't take me another year to recover!

Please let me know about any shoulder injuries and the cause of them.

BTW still no beltloader, we were told "No"

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My sympathies. This job will get to you both mentally and physically. I hope your shoulder gets all the care you need.

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
I'm being very aggressive with this injury. Called in the injury last Thursday, saw Dr that afternoon, first PT Fri 8am, second PT Monday 9am with 2 weeks of PT scheduled before next Dr appt.