Shouldn't be to difficult to get on the 9.5 list this week!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My current 9.5 list status expires this week and i feel confident I'll be back on it by Friday. We have:

9 on vacation

2 Terminated this year,positions not filled

2 retired this year,positions not filled

3 on Disability

3 routes more than normal were cut today,and our center manager has told the steward for the next 3 months he will pay grievances rather than honor 8 hour requests ,and gave the impression he'd rather pay for exceeding hours for those on the 9.5 list rather than putting more people on.
All i heard was CHA CHING!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My current 9.5 list status expires this week and i feel confident I'll be back on it by Friday. We have:

9 on vacation

3 on Disability

3 routes more than normal were cut today,and our center manager has told the steward for the next 3 months he will pay grievances rather than honor 8 hour requests ,and gave the impression he'd rather pay for exceeding hours for those on the 9.5 list rather than putting more people on.

Sounds like a tough but profitable summer in store.

bumped

9 on vacation

3 on Disability

It seems to me that if UPS is more than happy to pay the grievences for exceeding hours, then we're not paid enough.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
With the way the market is going, I could use some extra cash to buy at a discount.

I put about 50% of my investments into cash about 4 weeks ago.
20% that is still in the market are bear hedge funds.
My financial adviser agreed to the cash play at least through the end of the summer.
I still dollar cost average in new investment funds and I plan to dollar cost average my cash starting in September ... we'll see.

Note: I implemented the above because I am approaching retirement age ... unless you are within 5 years of retirement, I would not recommend this strategy.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

9 on vacation

3 on Disability

What were the terminations for???

hembone

It sounds like I'm glad I am where I am. I want 9.5's and 8 hrs honored, NOT penalty pay. [/QUOTE

Exactly. Do what's right. Most people would rather go to go to their kid's ballgame, family function, etc. than have 2 hours pay. If UPS keeps that up people will just call in if they have something to do or somewhere to be, instead of going to work and hoping their 8 hour request is honored.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I had zero problems going over 9.5 this week,as i expected and I'll fill out the paperwork with the steward tomorrow.It'll make my center manager's day! I'm encouraging some of the younger drivers as well to get on the list,rather than complain every morning and evening when i see them about the hours they are working