show me the money......

Overpaid Union Thug

I recently finished progression. So, add that to the facts that it's gotten cooler, I'm getting 5+ hours of OT each week, we are still working in daylight hours, and you have one happy driver. :)

browniehound

For me, it depends on what the overtime consists of. If I'm starting before my start time to do EAMS of preload or doing a PM air route after my shift, then I could work 11.5 for the rest of my career. If I have to parcel in the pitch black and freezing cold to get 11.5, then I want no part of it. 9 hours/day is perfect for me.

Is it funny, most of blue collar world exists on 40 hours/week. 6-230, 7-330. Can you image getting out at 2:30 and have worked a full day? It would be like a part-time job for us! I don't know about you, but I'm still burping my lunch out at 2:30 and I'm awake by 5 am every day. Sorry for the disgusting image...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When I tell people that I regularly work 9-10 hours a day, the response I often get is "But I thought you guys had a union..." :happy-very:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
ooo bragging rights thread?

I'm out on comp , until October. Secondly, 2nd time this year with an extended vacation. Third, when I'm scheduled go back in October , I'm getting married and 4th, then going to Key West on vacation.:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
M - c/o almost 9pm. T - c/o 10pm. W/Th 8 hr days. Tomorrow - who knows how bad tomorrow is going to be. And I was hoping to go out tomorrow night. There is a reggae band playin at a local bar I was hoping to check out. hmmmmm :dont_know:

QKRSTKR

He does recommend getting all the OT you can. That is a good suggestion as there is OT available.

He says if u r broke there s no better place to go than work. His plan does work, & truth be told, UPS is a great "shovel" as Dave would say.

Currently on baby step 4. We are debt free besides house. Paid off $26,000 in a year using debt snowball. Included a few credit cards, student loans and vehicles. Now 0 credit cards, havent had a car payment in years, and it was sweet in May walking into a dealership and writing out a check for our new vehicle. Vacations paid in cash as is everything we do. It is a comfort in this econmy, as well as knowing in our jobs, anything can happen. I recommend Dave Ramsey to everyone.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
No but there are drivers who have less than 8 hours of on road time and are paid the guarantee only. We have a couple of drivers in my center who are normally punched out and gone by 1630-1700 and get little to no OT, although one of them has started working later as his daughter just started college.

Our center manager is (usually) very strict about 9.5, although we did have one driver punch out at 2115 on Monday.

Wow if we have less then half the building under 10 our center manager seems to think he has failed.

We spend the afternoon trying to get air meets set up, we must waste hours of driver pay each day setting meets for air.

If by some mistake in the am they have us planned with to many being under 9.5 they cut routes like crazy.

We had one driver get the over 10 time bonus everyday for 3 plus weeks.

We have over 12s they have to fix in the pm by sending guys only over 10 to take work off the over 12 guy.

Then we had a PCM on eating before going to bed and how you should not eat for 3 to 5 hours before going to bed, which in the case of some drivers would mean when they get home at 930 or 10 they either cant have diner or cant go to bed before midnight but then they have to wake up by 6 to get back to work, which means they dont get enough sleep.

CustomerConcern

Then we had a PCM on eating before going to bed and how you should not eat for 3 to 5 hours before going to bed, which in the case of some drivers would mean when they get home at 930 or 10 they either cant have diner or cant go to bed before midnight but then they have to wake up by 6 to get back to work, which means they dont get enough sleep.

UPS is hopeing to thin the herd and not have to pay much retirement funds in the next 5 years.