Showed up by UPS

Bankrupt

Didn't see a lot of ups trucks on wed and didn't see any while I was delivering late into the evening. Heard they were on the road on time and off pretty early. Must be nice to have a system that works to service the customer and get at least a little time w the family on Christmas Eve. Most of our drivers worked to the brink of 14 hours and a few are working today.( dex 1's) Heard more freight was brought in today too that's late.
Anyone see the same in their areas. About UPS I mean I'm certain fedex was an epic failure most everywhere.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bankrupt

Ground need not reply, all the last minute freight went with express. Glad you got done early I guess there is one benefit of working for Fred ground.

Sent using BrownCafe App

vantexan

Didn't see a lot of ups trucks on wed and didn't see any while I was delivering late into the evening. Heard they were on the road on time and off pretty early. Must be nice to have a system that works to service the customer and get at least a little time w the family on Christmas Eve. Most of our drivers worked to the brink of 14 hours and a few are working today.( dex 1's) Heard more freight was brought in today too that's late.
Anyone see the same in their areas. About UPS I mean I'm certain fedex was an epic failure most everywhere.

Sent using BrownCafe App
How long have you worked at FedEx? Common knowledge that UPS is busy up to the point that people are concerned their pkgs might not make it. That's when FedEx Express gets slammed. I got the impression on my route due to the problems FedEx had last year that customers started shopping earlier. I was extra busy from the Monday before Thanksgiving, minus a couple of days.

Know what folks? We try to find every little thing to nitpick about FedEx, and they deserve a lot of criticism. But we work for a company that people really count on, especially at Christmas. It's ok to take pride in that we're an integral part of the economy, we make a difference. FedEx needs to recognize that with more than platitudes and trinkets, but we can be proud of our efforts inspite of them.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How long have you worked at FedEx? Common knowledge that UPS is busy up to the point that people are concerned their pkgs might not make it. That's when FedEx Express gets slammed. I got the impression on my route due to the problems FedEx had last year that customers started shopping earlier. I was extra busy from the Monday before Thanksgiving, minus a couple of days.

Know what folks? We try to find every little thing to nitpick about FedEx, and they deserve a lot of criticism. But we work for a company that people really count on, especially at Christmas. It's ok to take pride in that we're an integral part of the economy, we make a difference. FedEx needs to recognize that with more than platitudes and trinkets, but we can be proud of our efforts inspite of them.

I have to give management credit at my station. They did their best to get us help to get everything delivered. We had plenty of PM couriers helping, temp employees jumping, but in the end, there just weren't enough bodies. They sent out a broadcast that they wanted everyone to stop delivering at 1930 and bring it back. Huge traffic jam in building shortly thereafter. Lots of unattempted packages. Thank God, I had a jumper or I would have brought packages back. It was awesome to have a jumper, even if for one day.

And much respect to the SM. He made sure that every member of management was there til the bitter end, himself included.

And fresh hot pizza! Lol.

!Retired!

I have to give DRA props for this year going as smooth as it did. Giving drivers not used to the area a map of the area with the stops plotted was a blessing. There were quite a few trucks in the building when I got in at 1615 yesterday. Dispatch had sent a broadcast at 1430 asking who needs help, because they had free bodies. I doubt anyone was out after 1800.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Ah, but according to Fred and the upper crust, we aren't an integral part of the company. Funny how they take the credit when things go well, and we get the blame when they don't. Until that basic mindset changes, our lot isn't likely to improve.

In my district, we had a cartage agent Christmas. Hordes of them used every day for the last couple of weeks at $20 per hour (and much more than that for the contractor who provided them). These folks were far more productive than our new hires, but at a very high cost.

I'm disappointed that the system didn't implode, but we had mild weather nationwide and I don't think they got the volumes they were expecting. We'll see what the financials are in a few weeks, and that will tell us if Fred spent the company into a black hole trying to prevent a repeat of last year's debacle.

I may have been off about the implosion, but I still think there's a back story. No preparation until the last few weeks, and then, expensive "solutions" for non-productive FedEx personnel.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ah, but according to Fred and the upper crust, we aren't an integral part of the company. Funny how they take the credit when things go well, and we get the blame when they don't. Until that basic mindset changes, our lot isn't likely to improve.
Exactly.

bbsam

Staff member
Ground need not reply, all the last minute freight went with express. Glad you got done early I guess there is one benefit of working for Fred ground.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Talking to my former driver now at Express, they were busy for the last two or three days. Aside from that, I guess we at Ground handled the majority of it and even that was manageable without a lot of stress. I still think the majority of ease came from a month of excellent weather.

I was done by 5:30. and quite a few drivers,were already punched out. Could have got done a little earlier. But I went back to some of my home stops and got rid of them. Wanted everyone to get their Xmas presents.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have to give management credit at my station. They did their best to get us help to get everything delivered. We had plenty of PM couriers helping, temp employees jumping, but in the end, there just weren't enough bodies. They sent out a broadcast that they wanted everyone to stop delivering at 1930 and bring it back. Huge traffic jam in building shortly thereafter. Lots of unattempted packages. Thank God, I had a jumper or I would have brought packages back. It was awesome to have a jumper, even if for one day.

And much respect to the SM. He made sure that every member of management was there til the bitter end, himself included.

And fresh hot pizza! Lol.

Our plan was successful. Projections were accurate and execution went very well. An issue popped up with a courier that caused a few DEX01's on Tuesday but all Wednesday freight was delivered. There was one avoidable problem. Several couriers who worked on Saturday or Sunday decided to make a statement by taking out hardly any packages and ended up playing catch-up all week. Their manager decided to make a statement in response and guilty parties got no help on Wednesday. 'Twas a beautiful thing.