Showed up by UPS

My station most were punched out between 1600-1800. Peak went amazingly well without a lot of stress. We had a lot of extra bodies out delivering and everything was delivered in the station each day even if 3 days early. Rarely were packages brought back for the next day unless needed a signature

Artee

I did not get 1 minute of overtime this peak. In fact they gave me Christmas eve off and only worked 4 hours yesterday. The volume just did not seem to be there, though I heard volume was up 7-9% over last year.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Do you realize that peak volume for fedex is only a few million more packages than UPS delivers on a daily basis!
Do you realize that I cover one whole city by myself that has 4 UPS'ers to cover it?

We all know they have the lion's share of freight but, most of it is ground.

dezguy

Do you realize that I cover one whole city by myself that has 4 UPS'ers to cover it?

We all know they have the lion's share of freight but, most of it is ground.
Exactly. I cover more than half the city I work in. There are 3 UPS guys on my route, doing pretty much the same area I do.

DorkHead

Even though I had many more stops than last peak, this peak ran much smoother than last year. Averaged around 220 stops per day starting the week before Thanksgiving with my helper. Got slammed the week of Thanksgiving and the week after. Heaviest day was 264 stops. Then it stayed around 240 up to Christmas. Had 2 regular bulk stops taken off from week 1 which made all the difference. Could actually walk through the truck most days.

This is my last peak so it felt like a gift from the company.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Getting to be normal the last few years. Or maybe I'm just getting old and slow.
It used to be 3:30 or earlier, but those days are gone for good I'm afraid.
That's about what my Christmas Eve and day after Christmas both were. I was headed home before 4 both days.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Even though I had many more stops than last peak, this peak ran much smoother than last year. Averaged around 220 stops per day starting the week before Thanksgiving with my helper. Got slammed the week of Thanksgiving and the week after. Heaviest day was 264 stops. Then it stayed around 240 up to Christmas. Had 2 regular bulk stops taken off from week 1 which made all the difference. Could actually walk through the truck most days.

This is my last peak so it felt like a gift from the company.
Why in the world are some of you guys still running in town routes that close to retirement?

I'm like a 10 year man and I try to stay on the rural routes with no more than 70-75 stops. Save my body.

DorkHead

Been on the same route for over 25 yrs. I know my above post sounds bad, but when you can move in the truck and have your helper doing all of the leg work, it`s not.

overflowed

Been on the same route for over 25 yrs. I know my above post sounds bad, but when you can move in the truck and have your helper doing all of the leg work, it`s not.
Don't feel bad about it. Tis their job. Work em. I had a runner this peak for the second time at Express, best peak ever.