Shuttled to work , really?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
It appears we will be shuttled to work approximately 5 or 10 miles away . They havent disclosed the unsafe parking lot yet but have been told that it starts October 27. This happened in Louisville if i remember correctly and the drivers asked to be paid as soon as they boarded the vans. Management is also required to ride the shuttle. All the part timers will be required to have a green sticker to park at the ups facility or suffer a tow at their expense. Not looking forward to yet, more time involed to leave early for work and getting back home later. God, dont forget anything and pray your car is left alone including damages. I asked if they needed van drivers but i was shot down. Peak is such a degrading time for us as we still remain on the bottom of the heap. I thought companies were people that work together instead of being pushed around constantly.

upsbeernut

It appears we will be shuttled to work approximately 5 or 10 miles away . They havent disclosed the unsafe parking lot yet but have been told that it starts October 27. This happened in Louisville if i remember correctly and the drivers asked to be paid as soon as they boarded the vans. Management is also required to ride the shuttle. All the part timers will be required to have a green sticker to park at the ups facility or suffer a tow at their expense. Not looking forward to yet, more time involed to leave early for work and getting back home later. God, dont forget anything and pray your car is left alone including damages. I asked if they needed van drivers but i was shot down. Peak is such a degrading time for us as we still remain on the bottom of the heap. I thought companies were people that work together instead of being pushed around constantly.
Maybe we should be shackled before entering the van then watch cool hand luke and get some water here boss. Im probably gonna wear a striped suit and bring my weed eater just in case we have to do the grounds before we deliver.

Z

ZQXC

Will someone shuttle you back to the lot as soon as you clock out, or will they wait til they have a full van.

upsbeernut

Will someone shuttle you back to the lot as soon as you clock out, or will they wait til they have a full van.
That question has not been asked. I hope their going to have at least 4 vans running. All i want them to do is not make us walk up the long flight of stairs and then get in the van. I hope they hire professional drivers and not someone off the street.

Z

ZQXC

That question has not been asked. I hope their going to have at least 4 vans running. All i want them to do is not make us walk up the long flight of stairs and then get in the van. I hope they hire professional drivers and not someone off the street.

You never did explain why this is being implemented.

upsbeernut

You never did explain why this is being implemented.
Their letting the part timers use the hill parking lot where most of us park. Down at the customer counter , that area will be for trailers and of course the massive amount of customers that will be shipping and picking up. It wasnt explained in full detail as usual, we don't even have the parking lot location either.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know they shuttled kids out of the inner city when the built the new building in Egan, Mn. years ago because they couldn't get any of the rich kids in that suburb to work for peanuts. I imagine they still do because I'm sure the rich kids haven't gotten any more ambitious.