SICK CALLS West Coast Teamster

Question I have never had an attendance issue, so I feel it's best to ask this question on here, I was forced to call in sick for 7 straight days and I was seen by my primary care doctor, and was given a note to return to work full duty with no restrictions, just want to make sure since I called in sick seven days in a row that it will be counted as an occasion, I keep track of everything, and I want to stay on top of this , thank you very much for any advice or input

Question I have never had an attendance issue, so I feel it's best to ask this question on here, I was forced to call in sick for 7 straight days and I was seen by my primary care doctor, and was given a note to return to work full duty with no restrictions, just want to make sure since I called in sick seven days in a row that it will be counted as an occasion, I keep track of everything, and I want to stay on top of this , thank you very much for any advice or input
You need to call your local union and or ups Hrsc so you can collect your disability money. You should be entitled to it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You need to call your local union and or ups Hrsc so you can collect your disability money. You should be entitled to it.
You should be entitled to short term disability, provided you are a seniority employee and have timely documentation from your physician.

jaker

trolling
Should be one since you got a note , worst case it will be two

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You were sick for 9 days (or more, including weekends)?

undies

when out for a week due to illness, you keep your insurance for the week, or do you lose it for that week?

You need to have either time worked or a paid day in the system. If you don't get a paycheck the following week, you didn't get contributions made to your insurance.

If you called in for 7 consecutive days and had paid sick time available then you should have no problems with your insurance. Always obtain documentation whenever possible. Besides if this was your first occasion then there is no just cause for discipline as the rule is by the 5th occasion you will receive a "he said , I said" ; that is if management is on top of things and monitoring your attendance. Remember discipline for occasions can only be used between a 9 month span, beginning from your most recent occasion.