sick days/ an excuse to make attendance issue to get you fired

scoutlover

I would have protested the write up. But then again I protest every write up. If it is legitimate or not.
Oh I did. And the worst part is I had my Rep pull attendance records. We have 3 supervisor groups, and in the first group he checked, there were 5 drivers with more call-ins with no discipline. Nothing more came of it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

JL 0513

There's clearly a problem with the workplace when it comes to sick time. I'm referring to all jobs generally. A recent poll showed that the majority of Americans don't take their available sick time each year. It's attributed to that feeling of backlash or guilt. Even though it is legitimate personal time owed to the worker.

A company should not guilt you for calling out when you have available sick time.

There's clearly a problem with the workplace when it comes to sick time. I'm referring to all jobs generally. A recent poll showed that the majority of Americans don't take their available sick time each year. It's attributed to that feeling of backlash or guilt. Even though it is legitimate personal time owed to the worker.

A company should not guilt you for calling out when you have available sick time.
Hey....1800 sick day......bite me!...hang up....bub bye

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We get 5 a year, with unused continuing to accrue into a sick bank. You can roll them for 420 hours, after which you will be paid out excess in an annual check. Upon retirement you will be cashed out. If you have ample paid sick days available, but take more than 5 occurrences in a 9 month rolling window, it's a warning letter. An occurrence can be one day or any consecutive set of days, like Monday Tuesday Wednesday for instance is one occurrence. Monday Tuesday Thursday is two.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Even though it is legitimate personal time owed to the worker.

I think you may be confusing the terms "available" and "owed".

In my center we are able to use optional and sick days interchangeably.

Our new center manager does not like "dead days" and will make us use all of our days before granting them only if no one who has paid days left also wants the same day.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

I think what he is asking is what happens in my center as well. Guys take multi RLO days so before May even comes around they have taken about 10-15 days off then when their sick time comes up they call out on really busy days and it pisses management off so they attack your attendance.

bill blutnach

we have 6 sick days from may to may, if i use all 6 sick days before april 30th and use a sick day lets say in june even thou my new sick days started as of may 1st, we get taken into the office in june for using 7 sick days when technically, i just starting to use my new sick days that started in may 1st.what is your opinion? and do you think they have the right to do that?

they took you to office for stealing?