sick days / personal holidays

PT Car Washer

We don't get any sick days either. Sometimes your sup may try to burn one of your optional days when you call in sick. They try and make it sound like they are doing you a favor.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Where I am we can't rollover any vacation. I just can't figure out why everything is so different all over the country.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm assuming it depends on your local supplement...We can rollover up to 3 weeks vacation I believe, but not sick or personals. Some other locals allow you to bid out your days for extra weeks of vacation.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
In my local it's a lot less formal. We're allowed 3 "occurrences" and they reset every 90 work days. If you're late, that's an occurrence. If you're sick one day, that's an occurrence, no-call no-show, occurence. You can be sick up to 3 days and have it only count as one occurrence. Over 3 occurrences in 90 days is grounds for termination. I kinda like what you guys have going better. At least you always know how much you've got.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
In my local it's a lot less formal. We're allowed 3 "occurrences" and they reset every 90 work days. If you're late, that's an occurrence. If you're sick one day, that's an occurrence, no-call no-show, occurence. You can be sick up to 3 days and have it only count as one occurrence. Over 3 occurrences in 90 days is grounds for termination. I kinda like what you guys have going better. At least you always know how much you've got.
after 3 occurrences...you get a warning letter?

Johnny Paycheck

after 3 occurrences...you get a warning letter?
Nope. Supposedly, its termination. Like everything else it probably depends on how much they like you. I've known guys who quit whose only reason for coming in the last day was because they didn't have any occurrences left and didn't want to be fired. I've never tried and don't know anybody else who has.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Maybe i'm a lil confused...you work for ups, right...not fedex? If so, I don't believe they can terminate you for attendance without progressive discipline.

Johnny Paycheck

Maybe i'm a lil confused...you work for ups, right...not fedex? If so, I don't believe they can terminate you for attendance without progressive discipline.
UPS is what it says on the sign next to the parking lot. It's entirely possible that you're right. But people around here are always counting back work days trying to figure out how many occurrences they have and like I said, the line has been drawn between occurrences and terminations.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
UPS is what it says on the sign next to the parking lot. It's entirely possible that you're right. But people around here are always counting back work days trying to figure out how many occurrences they have and like I said, the line has been drawn between occurrences and terminations.
It's been years since I was considered an attendance problem...my second summer at ups...I got a lil call in sick happy on mondays. Definitely more than 3 occurrences in 90 days...and all I got was a warning letter and a one day vacation.