Sick Days

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't speak to Thunder. He acts like you.

Shills are scum, and couriers who lie like you are worse than scum.

Like I said, you obviously created "Thunder". I tell the truth, not what Fred tells me to say. To be a lackey takes a special breed of man with no principles at all. Like you.

SmithBarney

The interesting thing is if you use the sick day you are Taxed at your normal rate.
if you don't use your sick days when you are paid for them at the end of the year you are Taxed at a higher rate because it is considered a Bonus!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
The interesting thing is if you use the sick day you are Taxed at your normal rate.
if you don't use your sick days when you are paid for them at the end of the year you are Taxed at a higher rate because it is considered a Bonus!
Ding, ding, ding.
All the more reason that we should all take them throughout the year. Just spread them out.

LTFedExer

Ding, ding, ding.
All the more reason that we should all take them throughout the year. Just spread them out.
I'll take the extra week in my paycheck anyway thank you.
So what? They give us an incentive so they don't have to scramble to get a rt covered or pay OT. It would be dumb not to.
True. The UPS driver here told me they only get 2 sick days with no personal or floaters. Maybe a UPS'er can verify this.

By the way van...hows the new trailer and IPAD?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The UPS driver here told me they only get 2 sick days with no personal or floaters. Maybe a UPS'er can verify this.

This varies from region to region. In Upstate NY we get 4 personal and 5 sick days. The sick days can be used as personal days. Any unused personal and/or sick days are paid on or around the 15th of December.

thedownhillEXPRESS

You make it back in your refund.
It takes out more that week because it's trying to "guess" your tax bracket.
When you file at the end of the year it all evens out.
You can have more or less taken out per week as you please, it would just be a bigger or lesser refund at tax time accordingly.

FedEx2000

How would it benefit FedEx to do away with this policy? If they chose to get rid of it, everyone would take their 5 days over the course of the year which would most likely increase OT by having to cover the route due to an unplanned absence. They pay out the 5 days either way....if it makes you feel like a "big man" to call in sick and stick it to FDX (more commonly known as screwing over your loop who will be sucking up your freight) go for it and stop threatening to do so, I'm sure they'll thank you for doing so.

Just remember around March or so when you really are sick, and have no paid days left b/c you wanted to prove some ridiculous point, that you have only yourself to blame for getting a PR for falling below satisfactory on attendance.

FedEx would gain nothing by choosing to stop paying out the time not used at the end of the year. Now doing away with paid sick time altogether is another story, but that's not what was being discussed here.

texan

This varies from region to region. In Upstate NY we get 4 personal and 5 sick days. The sick days can be used as personal days. Any unused personal and/or sick days are paid on or around the 15th of December.

I use it for my family for the December holidays.

XFILED

UPS dude here said he gets 7 paid sick days and each time he calls out sick that if he doesnt go over 3 days out then it only counts as 1 occurrence...So in theory he could call in sick 21 times with 7 different occurrences with out getting into any trouble or having to bring a Dr note....True??

Edit...and if he does go over 3 days with the 1 occurrence then he has to bring a dr note..

vantexan

I'll take the extra week in my paycheck anyway thank you.

True. The UPS driver here told me they only get 2 sick days with no personal or floaters. Maybe a UPS'er can verify this.

By the way van...hows the new trailer and IPAD?

You mean the bike pusher trailer? It's working very well, although it's too easy to let it do the work. What can I say about the iPad? Works extremely well! I also got a Verizon 4G mi-fi device that produces a wi-fi signal. Take it to lunch every day to surf the 'net.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
if it makes you feel like a "big man" to call in sick and stick it to FDX (more commonly known as screwing over your loop who will be sucking up your freight) go for it and stop threatening to do so, I'm sure they'll thank you for doing so.

Oh come on. Asking people here to stop making threats and actually do something is like asking a lawnmower to write poetry in Hebrew. Ain't goin' to happen.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh come on. Asking people here to stop making threats and actually do something is like asking a lawnmower to write poetry in Hebrew. Ain't goin' to happen.

For someone like you, there should never be any consequences for FedEx. They can do whatever they want to us, and whenever anyone seeks revenge or payback, you get your panties in a wad. At this point, why should any of us have any loyalty to this company? If you don't feel like coming in...don't, and you shouldn't feel bad about it. Management loves to guilt-trip the gullible because they aren't team players, which is pure crap.

There is no "team" at FedEx, just an opportunistic upper management non-team that exploits it's workforce endlessly and in ever more creative ways. If we really were a team, Fred would refuse his huge raise and the rest of the upper crust would join in. But they won't, because they'll just take from us like they always have. No guilt, no shame. Remember, we are "in-crisis" at Express. That's why Fred got a huge jump in pay... makes perfect sense.

How does calling-in sick even compare to what this companyn is doing to people right now? You are clueless. And my lawmower is smarter than you are anyway.

59 Dano

For someone like you, there should never be any consequences for FedEx. They can do whatever they want to us, and whenever anyone seeks revenge or payback, you get your panties in a wad.

Buddy, I don't give a flying fornication what you do. If you want to risk your own job, I don't care. I really don't. You'll hurt yourself and maybe some of your co-workers, but that's you and them, not me.

I'd tell you to go full speed ahead with both barrels blasting, but I know better.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Buddy, I don't give a flying fornication what you do. If you want to risk your own job, I don't care. I really don't. You'll hurt yourself and maybe some of your co-workers, but that's you and them, not me.

I'd tell you to go full speed ahead with both barrels blasting, but I know better.

But you DO care. That's why you're always on here monitoring us and spewing FedEx disinformation. I hear MT3 has promoted you you to doing the floors too. He likes to look down at the marble and see himself, so you'd better get on it. Chop, Chop!!

Bailey4

Mr. Fedex...you should just ignore Dano...he posts here to help interrupt the flow of information between employees. You have come up with a really great posts like when you asked couriers to share information on the big suprise and other upcoming topics. The more information we can share and the more questionable patterns we can reveal within Fedex just gives us a stronger lawsuit when Fedex finally forces its labor practices to far.

59 Dano

But you DO care. That's why you're always on here monitoring us and spewing FedEx disinformation. I hear MT3 has promoted you you to doing the floors too. He likes to look down at the marble and see himself, so you'd better get on it. Chop, Chop!!

Trust me, if you want to put your own job in jeopardy with whatever flavor of industrial grade stupidity that you're trying to pass off as resistance, that's fine with me. Please don't mistake my laughter for concern.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mr. Fedex...you should just ignore Dano...he posts here to help interrupt the flow of information between employees. You have come up with a really great posts like when you asked couriers to share information on the big suprise and other upcoming topics. The more information we can share and the more questionable patterns we can reveal within Fedex just gives us a stronger lawsuit when Fedex finally forces its labor practices to far.

I can't ignore Dano because he has been placed here by the Federal Express Corporation to provide disinformation. As such, he must be exposed, and his lies revealed. Every time one of us proves Dano wrong, there is probably one more convert who sees the light and stops drinking the Kool-Aid. I totally agree that we need to share pertinent information in order to protect each other and also expose FedEx Express for the fraudulent, unethical organization that it is....rotten to the core.

I never forget that, and even when Shoeshine Boy is defending FedEx, I have the larger goal I just articulated firmly in mind.