Sick days.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Indecisi0n, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We are given a certain amount of sick days from the start but do we occur more sick time as we work throughout the year?

2. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Where I am, sick days run April through April. If you don't use them, you get an extra check for unused time.

3. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I use more sick days than given. But, then again, I don't get any sick days.

4. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

Sick/optional/whatever time is annual. There is some sort of way to use time for the next year you've earned but it just takes away from the next year. Good luck doing that, always ends up an absolute mess every time I've seen it done.

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Wow I never even heard of that. I personally would never even invite that headache.

6. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

Yeah, I've only heard of it happening a couple times, and it was always a nightmare.

Edit: It also might be a local thing.

7. East coast navy

East coast navy Veteran

In my local 6 sick days and one option weak, may to may. Sick days don't carry over but option week can carry over to nexted may to may.

8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Ours has 1 personal holiday and 7 option days that can be taken as a full week vacation, paid out, or as single paid days without question. These run each calendar year and paid out if unused, not to be rolled over.

9. 5 sickdays (may to may) can be rolled over 5 personal days (Jan 1 to Jan 1) can not be rolled over

10. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

My local currently doesn't have sick days in our rider, but I hear they are working on changing that.

11. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I love option days. I use them for sick days (which is extremely rare for me), doctor appointments, parent teacher conferences, and any other things that can't be done on the weekends. I have also used them for an extra vacation week or a partial vacation week. We get a total of 8 days including the one "personal holiday."

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We get 4 personal and 5 sick days which can be used interchangeably. They do not carry over to the following year and any unpaid days are paid off on or around 12/15. I always run out of days before I run out of year.