Sick of hearing from customers, "working late, huh?"

Holydriver

First person ever to call $90K job "a stepping stone job".:confused:
**first person (youve personally witnessed) call $90k job a stepping stone job. i dont know where you all live, but in this slice of american pie i call home 90 a year is about average (excluding illegals/fast food/retail/similar jobs) and they all work 40 hour weeks.

Holydriver

It's UPS' fault you didn't do your homework?
would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of the official UPS policy of employee paid time that covers the average work day of a driver? because i cant find it. and i know you being a supe, you would never say anything that isnt true in an effort to benefit your cause, huh? so that policiy must be written down soewhere.......

JL 0513

**first person (youve personally witnessed) call $90k job a stepping stone job. i dont know where you all live, but in this slice of american pie i call home 90 a year is about average (excluding illegals/fast food/retail/similar jobs) and they all work 40 hour weeks.

Median HOUSEHOLD income in the US is just $53,000/yr.

9 out of the top 10 occupations in the country make less than $35K. 7 make less than $30K.

$90K from one body in a household is pretty good.

Did you know a UPS driver is in the top 7-8% of all earners in the US?

Cementups

Box Monkey
$90K where I live is more than double the median income.

Pretty much the same here. But somehow I still seem poor when I see all the nice things people seem to have. My only solace is knowing that my things are paid for while assuming that most of these people who make less are severely in debt while trying to keep up with the Jones's.

Dr.Brownz

Pretty much the same here. But somehow I still seem poor when I see all the nice things people seem to have. My only solace is knowing that my things are paid for while assuming that most of these people who make less are severely in debt while trying to keep up with the Jones's.

all a facade

Most people are drowning in debt

Holydriver

Median HOUSEHOLD income in the US is just $53,000/yr.

9 out of the top 10 occupations in the country make less than $35K. 7 make less than $30K.

$90K from one body in a household is pretty good.

Did you know a UPS driver is in the top 7-8% of all earners in the US?
in 2011 the median household income where i live was almost 64k more than the average in the US. yes, thats over 100% higher.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
How about when the customer flags you down just to tell you that you are working late. I saw it happen to a driver I was with 2 years ago. We just finished the last stop at 10 PM and the driver was starting to drive off. The customer comes out of his house and flags the driver to stop like he had something important to tell him. Instead it turned out to be 'Wow you guys are working late!' Both the driver and I were quite incredulous at this. It was just unbelievable.

Last edited:

JL 0513

Tonight I get the "You guys still working?". :confused:

"Nope, after I punch out, I take out my truck and randomly donate packages to houses I feel are most deserving of my charity".