Sick Time/Personal Time

Hubzilla

Yeah. My steward suggested to use them up instead of getting them paid out. Which is what I had done in previous years.

Management is so bush league here that they call you back if you call in and try to get you to come in no matter what. So it hardly seems worth it sometimes.

Also. I much prefer loading in the cold months here.

Yeah. My steward suggested to use them up instead of getting them paid out. Which is what I had done in previous years.

Management is so bush league here that they call you back if you call in and try to get you to come in no matter what. So it hardly seems worth it sometimes.

Also. I much prefer loading in the cold months here.
Call off , shut off the phone, problem solved

Hubzilla

Call off , shut off the phone, problem solved

If I call in I'm definitely not letting them talk me out of it. It's more the principle of it that pissed me off. I usually ignore it or will answer and be a complete dick about it if they call back. It's usually worth answering because you have to remind the guy to put the day in. If you don't you get the day w/o pay THEN get it paid out end of year

If I call in I'm definitely not letting them talk me out of it. It's more the principle of it that :censored2: me off. I usually ignore it or will answer and be a complete dick about it if they call back. It's usually worth answering because you have to remind the guy to put the day in. If you don't you get the day w/o pay THEN get it paid out end of year
Or have another day to call off.

Hubzilla

Or have another day to call off.
Yup. Exactly. I'm on year 4. The first few I was really accommodating. But last peak I ended up loading with pneumonia, out of commission for 2 weeks after and came back to the belt sup threatening to write me up for being out durring the black out period. So now I'm an :censored2: about everything.

Yup. Exactly. I'm on year 4. The first few I was really accommodating. But last peak I ended up loading with pneumonia, out of commission for 2 weeks after and came back to the belt sup threatening to write me up for being out durring the black out period. So now I'm an :censored2: about everything.
They don't care.