Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DainGrant, Feb 11, 2013.

1. DainGrant

DainGrant New Member

Whats up my bros and sis. I went to the emergency room last night spent the night and then this morning the doc did a follow up. He gave me 5 days off and some medication to help get me better. Contacted my manager who told me that 5.days is too long they.need in wtf! Any thoughts?
  2. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Who care what your manager says, you have doctors instructions. Stay home, get better.
  3. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Take the 5 as prescribed and then contact doc , say you still feel off, and take 5 more. Next time mgr will stick to what he knows.
  4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

This is exactly what needs to be done to an ******* manager like that.
  5. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

If the doctors note specifically says take 5 days off, then take the 5 days off.
  6. DainGrant

DainGrant New Member

Thanks y,all i really appreciate it. These ppl say the value employees which i already kno they dnt but this goes to show how fkup the really think i should get out of the hospital later today
  7. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

You cannot work under doctors orders not to. If you feel better sooner, go back to the doc. Some people recover from this flue in a few days. We have had several off a week. Some it lasts close to a month.
  8. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

Next time just tell him your under the doctors care for the next 5 days. You DO NOT need to disclose ANY information on your condition.
  9. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Take off as long as you need and as long as your doctor will cover you. All you are required to do - contractually - is to contact him one hour before your start time to explain to him how long you'll be out. If he wants you to check in periodically, so be it. You are also required to call him the day before you'll be back. Otherwise, :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: your manager.
  10. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

Many who have had this years flu have been out several days, come back, then out again. Take what you need.
  11. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

yea, get better, I dont want you near me. Like the people who wont sign my board, who think they will get germs. The ones who got a flu shot, and are sicker than me, who never has. With the hand sanitizing wipes, etc. Yes I use them when a noticeably sick person is snotting all over my pen. Most of the time I use nothing, wash my hands when necessary, not just because they are dirty. Dirt never killed anyone.
    I eat vegetables, lean meat, and take care of myself. Praise God, I havent been sick in yrs, unless tired is sick. Get plenty of rest.
  12. andyb03

andyb03 New Member

Just make sure you have the doctor fill out FMLA paperwork so they cant :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: with you later.
  13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Ask him what's he working in the hub for since he's got a medical degree. When he informs you he doesn't, tell him you'll take the advice of someone who does.
  14. outta hours

outta hours Active Member

What if you come in against the doctors orders, to " help them out ". Then you are involved in an accident when you should not have been working? Your sup will run & hide from the fact he guilted you into showing up. The aftermath will be all on you.
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

FMLA paperwork for the flu? Are you kidding me?

To the OP---you cannot come back to work until you have been medically cleared. If you are feeling better before the 5 days is up by all means go back to the doctor so that you can come back to work. If you feel that you need more time go back to the doctor to have the work release note extended.
  16. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Just out of curiosity, where did he say it was the flu?
  17. DainGrant

DainGrant New Member

Doc says.i have acute brochitis with the flu
  18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

FMLA gets abused at my center. Then they all get mad when they really need and the center manager wants proof. I agree flu is no reason for FMLA time.
  19. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

I have folks that have spinal arthritis and severe complications from diabetes; they occasionally take FMLA leave when they feel they can't work. How is FMLA being "abused"? I agree FMLA should not be used for the flu; that's why we have doctor's notes and sick days.
  20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.