Sick

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
I used to work at a hardware store and called in sick one morning. Assistant manager picked up and her response was "*long sigh* Alright." and then she hung up on me. That was in December (not this most recent one) and I got a new job early January.

brostalss

I always thought it was funny how after you told them you were calling in sick that you got the "you don't sound sick" line.

OPTION3

Yeah....that'll work....until they fire you for job abandonment....
They can fire you because you are wearing BROWN….hopefully you paid your union dues-----And notifying your sup you are going home sick is NOT job abandonment…we've won that decision at panels

HBGPreloader

Its pretty much SOP now to give you grief if you attempt to call out sick.
I just let them rant all they want. But, it doesn't change the fact that I won't be in.
UPS has to do what they gotta do to insure the fitness of the company. I gotta do what I gotta do to insure the fitness of me and my family.

Indecisi0n

State your name and that your calling out sick. NOTHING else needs to be said. If they asked me why I just hang up. It's none of their business. As a result they no longer as me why.

Returntosender

About 2 years ago, sort had this strange employee. Would give the oddest reason for calling in sick, car went off road stuck in ditch, got hit by car, riding bike than crashed into a car. One day I asked the sup where is so and so, sup said he called in sick, I asked what reason this time. Sup said employee thinks he is under demonic attack that why he can't come in. I started to laugh, sup, said don't laugh the guy thinks the devil is telling to him sacrifice animals. I said at least it's animals and not humans, although from what I have read most serial killers start off killing animals before they move to humans.

scoutlover

as long as you have a Dr's note, you can not be disciplined
I don't think that's entirely accurate. We had a driver call in and use his first sick day of the year. They went back and looked at the last 9 months and that made the 6th occurrence. The driver had doctor's notes for all 6 and they still issued a warning letter. He filed a grievance on it but they never pulled the warning letter.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Thebrownstreak

I never understood the people who have a hard time calling out sick. You have 5 sick days and 5 option days, use the. Even when i'm not sick i sometimes used them as strictly a mental health day.

As for dealing with your supervisor when calling in, i always made it real simple. Hey Bob, I'm sick, not coming in. I'll call you tomorrow morning if i'm not going to be in tomorrow. Then I hang up.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I don't think that's entirely accurate. We had a driver call in and use his first sick day of the year. They went back and looked at the last 9 months and that made the 6th occurrence. The driver had doctor's notes for all 6 and they still issued a warning letter. He filed a grievance on it but they never pulled the warning letter.

Sent using BrownCafe App
It is entirely accurate. Letter would never hold up in hearing

yamahogmamma

PRELOADER-
Had to call in sick today... Don't like doing it, but spent all night praying to the porcelain Gods. Called my center and my on car answered. I said,"Hey man sorry but I'm sick and can't make it in today." His reply...."WHAT!" long pause..... I said, "I am sick,please use one of my optional paid days for today." He says "Oh Boy!" Then I end the call.... Love it how our management team doesn't give two :censored2:s about their people. Never said, Hey man get well soon or take care of yourself. Just waiting for the call back begging me to come in.. I really hope I don't have this nasty flu that I hear is going around... Anyone else out there getting sick?