Sideswipe or Hit Parked Vehicle

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The warning letter may go away after 9 months but you will have to explain it once a year during your safety ride until you retire. I dented an awning 6 months into my driving career. Been driving since 2005. I have the same conversation every Jan. when it's time for my yearly.
Wrong.

cino321

It's ridiculous, they just need to hold someone accountable so they can explain to their superiors.

Hitting parked objects and objects that are bigger than you often get you a lot of attention, but it is what it is and you move on with your life. No one comes into work saying they really want to have an accident today, or they want to get hurt today.

We may have accidents every once in awhile, but if you look at the amount of time we spend driving in often tricky delivery areas, we sure avoid a lot of them on a daily basis. I know I do.

Keep on truckin'

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Depends on the on road. Last year the on road told me he was not going to nit pick but spent the whole day bringing up any and all transgressions. He also brought up all past injuries and accidents. This year with a different on road we did what safety rides should do...point out things that can be improved upon and praise areas that I did well.

jaker

trolling
It really depends on your center manager if it will be avoidable or non , our center manager now is pretty fair ( I can't believe I just said that ) if you are doing what you are supposed to then it will be non avoidable

Now our center manager a few years ago everything was your fault no matter how it happen , I was making a left in the Turing lane and got sideswipe by a truck trying to turn into the lane and didnt see me , he took off and left the scene but came back 20min later

No damage to my truck and his truck door was dang near ripped off , I was charge with avoidable now at the yearly lets bring up the past to remind you meeting I ask how was I charge with that and the center manager just ends the meeting

oldngray

nowhere special
It really depends on your center manager if it will be avoidable or non , our center manager now is pretty fair ( I can't believe I just said that ) if you are doing what you are supposed to then it will be non avoidable

Now our center manager a few years ago everything was your fault no matter how it happen , I was making a left in the Turing lane and got sideswipe by a truck trying to turn into the lane and didnt see me , he took off and left the scene but came back 20min later

No damage to my truck and his truck door was dang near ripped off , I was charge with avoidable now at the yearly lets bring up the past to remind you meeting I ask how was I charge with that and the center manager just ends the meeting

My center was like that a few years ago too. Word came down from corporate to call everything avoidable. Some of those got thrown out after they were grieved but just another example of the BS we had to go through.