Siemens unloader project

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Union 455, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Union 455

Union 455 New Member

Are there any PE mechanics that have had unloader up grades from seimens in their facilities and if so what labor issues did you encounter with it being mechanic work any feedback is helpful

2. UPSmechanicinblue

UPSmechanicinblue Active Member

I can check at a few other centers, what part of the country is this going on at?

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

About two weeks ago we had the big Seimens trailer rebuilding a bunch of our unloader belts. They were at the hub for a good week working and then a couple more days before they moved their special work trailer out. Never heard of any labor issues concerning it. I am in the Midwest.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah we had them
    Come in and do a bunch of work a few years back. I never heard a word either.

5. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

The semins trailer just showed up at our hub today

6. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

I saw several of those trailers around CACH last summer along with one in Indy. I wasn't sure who was being brought in to do the work, but they would park them on a door and what looked like a complete tear down and rebuild of the Seiman extendos for both load and unload. I am not aware of any labor issues arising from them, but I am not that attune to what is going on with PE and its people.

7. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

They replaced some of our unload docks with them a few weeks ago on a Sat. That is beyond the scope that PE can handle here.

8. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

Union 455,

More information is needed to make an accurate assessment of the situation you describe.

Sincerely,
    I

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. rod

rod retired and happy

I'm surprised Indie hasn't weighed it on this subject ---

10. MoarTape

MoarTape Active Member

They did this at NewPA this past year. They replaced the last section of a lot of the loader24s. I seem to remember hearing that this type of work has to be done by Siemens. Something to do with the warranty.

11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Our unloaders are all people.

12. Mongoose9400

Mongoose9400 New Member

Anyone else seeing these? Where are they now?