Siemens unloader project

Union 455

Are there any PE mechanics that have had unloader up grades from seimens in their facilities and if so what labor issues did you encounter with it being mechanic work any feedback is helpful

PT Car Washer

Are there any PE mechanics that have had unloader up grades from seimens in their facilities and if so what labor issues did you encounter with it being mechanic work any feedback is helpful
About two weeks ago we had the big Seimens trailer rebuilding a bunch of our unloader belts. They were at the hub for a good week working and then a couple more days before they moved their special work trailer out. Never heard of any labor issues concerning it. I am in the Midwest.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
About two weeks ago we had the big Seimens trailer rebuilding a bunch of our unloader belts. They were at the hub for a good week working and then a couple more days before they moved their special work trailer out. Never heard of any labor issues concerning it. I am in the Midwest.
Yeah we had them
Come in and do a bunch of work a few years back. I never heard a word either.

brett636

I saw several of those trailers around CACH last summer along with one in Indy. I wasn't sure who was being brought in to do the work, but they would park them on a door and what looked like a complete tear down and rebuild of the Seiman extendos for both load and unload. I am not aware of any labor issues arising from them, but I am not that attune to what is going on with PE and its people.

upschuck

They replaced some of our unload docks with them a few weeks ago on a Sat. That is beyond the scope that PE can handle here.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Union 455,

More information is needed to make an accurate assessment of the situation you describe.

Sincerely,
I

MoarTape

I saw several of those trailers around CACH last summer along with one in Indy. I wasn't sure who was being brought in to do the work, but they would park them on a door and what looked like a complete tear down and rebuild of the Seiman extendos for both load and unload. I am not aware of any labor issues arising from them, but I am not that attune to what is going on with PE and its people.

They did this at NewPA this past year. They replaced the last section of a lot of the loader24s. I seem to remember hearing that this type of work has to be done by Siemens. Something to do with the warranty.

Mongoose9400

Anyone else seeing these? Where are they now?