Sign here

9.5er

Most businesses I go to I ask the first person I see to sign for their packages. It doesn't take long to learn who is willing to sign and who will ignore you.
What gets me is the restaurants and dollar stores I go into. I often have to ask for a cashier to call a manager to sign. I just do not understand why the cashier can handle the cash register but can not sign for a dang package. WTF.

Most businesses I go to I ask the first person I see to sign for their packages. It doesn't take long to learn who is willing to sign and who will ignore you.
What gets me is the restaurants and dollar stores I go into. I often have to ask for a cashier to call a manager to sign. I just do not understand why the cashier can handle the cash register but can not sign for a dang package. WTF.
People make it harder than it is. Just go with the flow. You will make up the time somewhere else. Don't let it get you down.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Or, tell them first initial and last name, and they put first name and last initial.
My dollar store is the same, PITA.
Or "should I sign his name or mine?" me "you cant sign his name that is called forgery"
Kids home schooled, cant do kersif, and take the whole dam screen to print their first name................
We are so screwed.

S

selfcancelsignal

This BS is extremely frustrating! Who died & put you so high on a horse that you're not allowed to sign for a parcel?

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
As much as we don't like it these places have policies, much like our own. I have two dollar stores on my route. These stores have limited staff and if a cashier isn't checking someone out they are stocking. Management that signs for packages are also stocking the shelves everytime I go in.

I drop the parcel in the back and find the manager. I don't bother asking the cashier to call him as it takes more time than to just scan the store as I'm taking the package to the back, I'll usually spot him and come back.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Or, tell them first initial and last name, and they put first name and last initial.
My dollar store is the same, PITA.
Or "should I sign his name or mine?" me "you cant sign his name that is called forgery"
Kids home schooled, cant do kersif, and take the whole dam screen to print their first name................
We are so screwed.
Cursive writing has to be the most useless thing taught in our school system.

When do any of u use it? I sign my name that's it and my signature is chicken scratch.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I usually try to get the same person to sign every day. Its usually the person with the shortest last name. What's really irratating is when you can't find your usual contact and you hand the board to some sales weenie (usually male) and they say "Oh let's find Mary. She's the one that usually does this, " and then they take off with the board. What's the matter? Can't spell your last name?

Indecisi0n

I love when I asked them to clarify the last name and they point and say "it's right there". If I could understand it I wouldn't have asked you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Cursive writing has to be the most useless thing taught in our school system.

When do any of u use it? I sign my name that's it and my signature is chicken scratch.
I like kersif. IMO. It looks more professional. And it is a lost art. I can still remember my grandmothers beautiful handwriting.

9.5er

As much as we don't like it these places have policies, much like our own. I have two dollar stores on my route. These stores have limited staff and if a cashier isn't checking someone out they are stocking. Management that signs for packages are also stocking the shelves everytime I go in.

I drop the parcel in the back and find the manager. I don't bother asking the cashier to call him as it takes more time than to just scan the store as I'm taking the package to the back, I'll usually spot him and come back.
I understand they have policies too. I go along with them and treat my dollar stores very similar to you.
Yesterday I go into a pizza rest. Two cashiers look directly at me and go about chit chatting. I ask for one to sign. They look dumbfounded. Tell each other to sign. One finally says let me get the Manager. She goes to the back. Comes back and says he will be here in a min. Couple min. later he hollers...... One of you girls can sign for it. SMH

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
had construction job site yrs ago that would give me Shiet everyday,not my job, go find so and so ,even told me to put on hard hat and take it up ! This all ended when I told them that the NDA letters were from payroll ,,they lined up to sign cuz day before I sent their crap back refused !!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Most drivers quickly learn who can sign and who can not. Sometimes talking to the head honcho can help. "Who can sign here and who can't"?

Indecisi0n

"Who is it for? Oh Betty, she is upstairs 3rd floor to the right next to the bathroom. Sorry I can't sign".

"Oh you went up there and she was out to lunch? I'll sign for her".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

had construction job site yrs ago that would give me Shiet everyday,not my job, go find so and so ,even told me to put on hard hat and take it up ! This all ended when I told them that the NDA letters were from payroll ,,they lined up to sign cuz day before I sent their crap back refused !!

Day One on a construction site I talk to the foreman and ask him/her where they want their packages left. There is usually a portable office but sometimes they use a trailer car for their deliveries. I do not walk around constructions sites trying to find someone.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
"Who is it for? Oh Betty, she is upstairs 3rd floor to the right next to the bathroom. Sorry I can't sign".

"Oh you went up there and she was out to lunch? I'll sign for her".
Betty not there, NI1. Make them fight amongst themselves is the most effective solution.

This also applies to management.