Signature or no Signature?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Only DR a buisness if it's a late saver.
That's about the dumbest thing I have heard lately. In that circumstance, I'd rather take the the miss than falsify the delivery by DR'ing and trying to circumvent the commit time.

I know this subject has been beaten more than a half hard salami at a Las Vegas cathouse but @clean hairy, I'm sure all across the country there are centers where DR'ing to a biz is acceptable and also practiced. I find it hard to believe that UPS corporate does not know this is going on and half-heartedly condoning it, but I'd bet my ass that they would never acknowledge that.

Just in my center, there are at least two business that are DR'ed to which the BM and district manager know about. One is a railroad which we have a code to the door, the other is an oil drilling rig company who is only there once a month.

S

selfcancelsignal

Always signatures at commercial stops unless I absolutely can't find someone. Then it's scan, big arrow down, soft key, 5 for deliver, 0 for other, manually type in where I left it (always left in a very obvious spot), enter, scan info notice, REL comes up, stop complete. Crumple & pitch info notice. I know the method is that these should be SDN's, but until I'm called on it, I'll continue to proceed in this fashion. Gray area. Not a signature, but not a DR. Not sure if it's billed resi or commercial at this point.

JL 0513

It's amazing the amount of businesses I come across that are open but no one seems to be in the entire building. I cover a lot of routes and this happens constantly.

Why should I have to search the whole property for someone and if I don't, sheet not ready, and then business complains they were open?

SCV good to go sir.

There's this street on a route I cover sometimes. It's mostly commercial but a few homes here and there. One of the buildings looks like a home, no sign or anything to imply that it's a commercial address. Except for a fenced lot behind the building. But when I look at the label it's got a business name on it. I know the diad will let me DR at this stop and there's never anyone there. How would you treat this stop?

slappyhappy

There's this street on a route I cover sometimes. It's mostly commercial but a few homes here and there. One of the buildings looks like a home, no sign or anything to imply that it's a commercial address. Except for a fenced lot behind the building. But when I look at the label it's got a business name on it. I know the diad will let me DR at this stop and there's never anyone there. How would you treat this stop?

I would DR that

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
The methods clearly state that you must get a signature at ALL commercial stops--no exceptions.

The methods also clearly state, when you "stop complete" a RS3 call tag, you pickup a package.

I can remember a time when, you informed us, you stop completed call tags w/o actually picking up packages.

It kinda begs the question; If you're gonna claim the moral high ground, shouldn't you practice what you preach?

BrownArmy

As long as everyone's clear:

No DR at a business, unless it's 'shipper-release'.

DR is for residences, business deliveries require a signature.

This really isn't rocket-surgery.

Aside from the billing discrepancy of DR'ing packages to a business (which probably won't, but could, come back to bite you), signing for packages at a business might definitely come back to bite you.

Y'all know we get paid by the hour, correct?

#sendagains=$
#indirects=$
#alwaysgetasignatureatabusiness
#dotherightthing

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If I can't find someone or they are busy and can't sign. I have no problem dr a package at a business. If I dr a package at a business I put the package where will either trip over it or have to sit on it. Some business I have delivered to have left notes please leave at such and location. Again i have no problems dr a package in that situation.
That would be a SDN.

BrownArmy

Where I am, SDN for a business has to be on file, as in, they gave express permission to have their packages left without a sig (at the center), or there is an actual 'signed-delivery-notice' from a previous attempt.

I know, every center does it differently.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Where I am, SDN for a business has to be on file, as in, they gave express permission to have their packages left without a sig (at the center), or there is an actual 'signed-delivery-notice' from a previous attempt.

I know, every center does it differently.
OT , The only way I could DR shipper release stuff in non-DR areas was to use SDN and the relkey? function. Is there another way?